Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Stenosis of 8mm at C5-C6

Hi, 
Im new here. I went to a neurologist in October for the following: falling, dropping things, lack of dexterity in fingers/hand, can't seem to get limbs to cooperate (see a table, move around table, legs don't follow). He did MRI's with and without contrast on Brain and Neck to look for MS or something similar. 

He found Cervical Stenosis at C5-C6 of 8mm. He said that there wasn't any pinching of my nerves, so this Stenosis can't be the root of the above symptoms. But he did say that I will have to have MRI's every 6 months and I will have to have surgery once I lose bowel/bladder function and have severe pain. 
Questions:
1. How bad is my Stenosis?
2. I'm having symptoms of nerve involvement that comes intermittently, so why does he think it's not the root of my symptoms?
3. What do I do now? For example, I went to pop my back in front of him cuz it hurt so bad and he said that's the worst thing to do. 

Thanks for for any answers and Merry Christmas!
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,768
    hello belovedtirzah

there are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    this includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please click on link for information about spine-health
    welcome to spine-health

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Art1947AArt1947 Holywell, UKPosts: 106
    Liz Hi, Would I be allowed to say take a second opinion? Regards, Art1947
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,587
    Art, show but it should always be worded  " I may suggest you seek a second opinion " or something in your own words, as long as its not giving medical advice and telling them they need to get a second opinion.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,472
    Belovedtirzah, as far as your questions go your neurologist would be the only one to answer them. It might be a good idea to do some research on these findings, make notes, and discuss them with him.
    If you want to get a second opinion it might be a good idea to get a CD copy of your MRI and take it with you.
    I hope you find answers soon as I know this can be very overwhelming.
    Merry Christmas!!
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
advertisement