Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pins and needles for over a year - anyone in the same position?

Comments

• This site has been such a life saver for me over the last year and a half. This is a rollercoaster I so desperately want to get off of but knowing that I can't, I have to keep my chin up, find my inner strength, pray hard and take it one day (sometimes one minute) at a time. You are so right, we have to stick together!!
  • :H Hello to everyone!
    For over two years now I've been experincing pins, numbness,cold and lost of touch sensation in my left leg,including buckling without any sign. After having two cervical spine surgeries,hopefully the last one this past January it still exist.I have a problem with my balance and coordination and I use a cane for support.I still have the same symptoms in both upper extermities into the hands. Having to deal with these problems has been very difficult.Depression,Anxiety and Anger.However, I still try to maintain a positive attitude everyday regardless too how I may be feeling.I have witness that their are people who are worst off than myself,that wish they were not confined to a wheelchair or bed. My condition has improved from were I was 18 months ago. I could not walk,sleep,stand, difficulty breathing,Swallowing,Speech and the loss of bowel and bladder control. I thank God for his mercy and his grace.Including all my family members and friends for their support. So, don't be discourage just try too do what your able and capable of doing.
    Peace Be With You!
    Herm5236
  • advertisement
  • :H Hello to everyone!
    For over two years now I've been experincing pins, numbness,cold and lost of touch sensation in my left leg,including buckling without any sign. After having two cervical spine surgeries,hopefully the last one this past January it still exist.I have a problem with my balance and coordination and I use a cane for support.I still have the same symptoms in both upper extermities into the hands. Having to deal with these problems has been very difficult.Depression,Anxiety and Anger.However, I still try to maintain a positive attitude everyday regardless too how I may be feeling.I have witness that their are people who are worst off than myself,that wish they were not confined to a wheelchair or bed. My condition has improved from were I was 18 months ago. I could not walk,sleep,stand, difficulty breathing,Swallowing,Speech and the loss of bowel and bladder control. I thank God for his mercy and his grace.Including all my family members and friends for their support. So, don't be discourage just try too do what your able and capable of doing.
    Peace Be With You!
    Herm5236
  • Raquel (and anyone else with nerve impingement)

FIRST OFF, I am sorry any of you have to go through this. It's rough. I also have had the pins and needles, but mostly pain if standing more than 5-10 seconds or sitting for up to 30 seconds. I had a herniated disc that was pressing on my L5/S1 nerve. I thought it would go away, but it didn't. I finally decided to have the surgery my neurosurgeon recommended. I felt better immediately after waking from the surgery. I was up walking that afternoon and night, and went home on post op day 1. I was supposed to spend 2 nites in the hospital, but only stayed one because I felt so (so, so, so) good.

Because I waited too long, to do the surgery, I now have permanent nerve damage. This means the pins and needles (some days it's more like broken glass) will not go away. :''(

So, my advice is this: if you have a herniated disc that is pressing on a nerve, have the surgery. Don't wait too long. DO IT, and DO IT NOW. It's not life or death or anything, but you risk causing more harm than good by waiting. If there is no nerve impingement, then maybe therapy of some sort will help. Just don't be stupit like me and think it will go away on its own...

I hope you each receive some kind of relief from the pain you experience day after day. Good luck Raquel!

Jeaux
    ;)
  • What a bummer after all that! :|

I have had numbness and tingling on the top of my left foot, just below the fold of my ankle. I also have major sciatica happening, and the top of my hamstrings feel like they're ready to pull out, but I think L5/S1 is the main problem.

I've been told I'm not a candidate for surgery "because there are too many issues" in there, so am just plodding along!

Good luck, Raquel, and I hope you get some answers.

Tracy

• advertisement
  • Your comments to me are so very sweet, and very much appreciated! I just hope that my words and my experiences/knowledge can help others facing chronic pain or any other issues I've had to deal with. That is my reason for living...helping others-it's my calling and what I was placed on earth to do, so I feel I'm doing my job when someone thanks me for my words. =D> Thank you so much again!

I will not rest until each and every one of us is listened to, helped, understood, and relieved of our pain-and most importantly-given back our lives! That is my goal and I will never stop no matter how many breaks I have to take along the way (to deal with my pain or other issues). I hope that we will all fight this together and never give in to our pain!

Hope you all are doing OK tonight and able to get some good sleep.

Take care of you...
  • Hello everyone

I have had pins and needles for the past four months i get it in my legs hands and my bum.Now i have it in my knee I am worried and i don't know what to do.sometimes i have some pains in my joints.
    I wonder if there is some kind of medication to stop it.

Thanks for reading this because I don't alone anymore
    xx
  • Personally Lydia, I think you need to address this with your Dr right away. There are meds for nerve pain that might help you-if you have a Neurosurgeon and/or a Pain Management Physician, I would speak to one or both of them as opposed to just a family Dr (not that the family Dr shouldn't now, just that I think one of the other 2 would be better suited to help you). I would also think they might want to do an EMG and nerve conduction test (NCV) to check for pinched and/or damaged nerves.

Keep us posted, OK? Take care...
  • I, too, have had pins and needles off and on for years, but almost constantly for the past year. I have a hernation at L5/S1, but two surgeons have decided NOT to do surgery for me because "there are too many other issues" surrounding DDD and facet joint problems. I was also just recently diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, so am now on a totally different path with medication trials to ease some of the pain that has persisted for 20+ years.

I can get pins and needles down the outside of my thigh to my knee, from my knee to my ankle, my whole calf into my foot, the inside of my calf to my big toe....it's a surprise from day to day and depends on how active I've been. I sometimes feel I stumble because I'm "clumsy", but realistically, it's probably because something is numb and I can't tell where my leg or foot is positioned! /:)

I have had a little relief with physiotherapy, especially acupressure and acupuncture along with it, and since I started on Froban and Methotrexate, the inflammation is down, which has improved things somewhat.

At this point surgery is NOT an option for me, so I just hope things don't get too much worse!

Tracy
  • Thanks for the advice but have been to see my GP and she sad nothing to me she just looked at me and sad nothing.

It made me looked stooped but i will still go back to see her hopfuly this time she will lithing to me.

sometime is getting people you love taking you serious and not make you feel along.Thank you for this it Min's a lot to me. i am going on holiday for 3month so i might not be able to contact.

please brr will me beause my spilling are not that good.

Lydia
    xx
advertisement