Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Severe stenosis, multi-level rupture, new nerve pain?

Hi there all,

I have recently been diagnosed with moderate-severe spinal stenosis, levoscolisis, degenerative disc disease, a rupture at L4, central disc protrusion at L5, significant compression and slight clumping at cauda equina. I am in the process of getting a second opinion and scheduling my first round of steroid injections. They would like to do a microdiscectomy on both discs to relieve the nerve compression. Due to the saddle sensitivity and tingling as well as bladder retention and leg lameness, they would like to move somewhat quickly. 

The primary care reported mild arachnoiditis, though the NP didn't mention it at the neurosurgery consult. I will mention at the next appointment. They had mentioned possibly getting a second MRI due to the increase in symptoms but we're not sure if insurance would clear it. Obviously I hesitate because of the already mounting costs. 

I was previously only having nerve pain and numbness in my back, hip, leg and foot on the left side. Recently I am getting nerve pain in my right ankle and it feels unstable. This morning, I began feeling more pain in the center of my back and some numbess in my pinky and nerve pain in my inner left arm. 

I will mention it to my doctor at the next consult, but I wanted to see if anyone had experienced numbess and nerve pain in the upper body with a lumbar rupture. I am worried there is a bulge in my upper back now too. But I am new to all of this and possibly it is the L4-L5 ruptures. 
advertisement