Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

SSDI/SSI Denial

Hi, im Shirley and i have questions about SSI DENIAL. My wife has so many disabaling pains, she has taken so many test from Neourologist, MRI, Xray, Nerve, Heart, i mean u name it she's had it done. She was diagnosed with, Fibromyalgia, PTSD, Adjustment Disorder, Bipolar, Buldging Disc, L: 1, 4, 5, C: 4, 5, Arthritis in her Spine, Hypotention. She has sharp piercing pains from the back of her eyes through her head (literally crying) pain, sharp piercing pains like needles in her fingers and foot, it wakes her up in tears. She filed for her disability in August, 2015 (2014) can't remember lol. But shes been denied i think 3 times, 2 with the lawyer now she has an advocate fighting for her. The system here in Phoenix, your primary care dr don't write reports for SSI, things aren't the same, there getting worser, she wants to work due to no income for support, but the pain be so severe she sometimes cant make it out of bed. She was fainting alot as well, but it has eased up. She's been working since she was 15. Why is it so hard for some one in this much agony to get proper help? Its clearly stated from her dr n pain management that their is no way she could even hold a desk job, but SSI feels she can work in construction or something, lol. Any one with advice, please feel free to share it Thanks for listening.

edited by William
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    Hello templewis !
    While you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, the search may benefit you, upper righ on page.
    Type in any of your concerns ..ex...Disability...and you may be led to current or older discussion.

It amazes me that you were turned down even while working with an attorney.
    Was he a Disability attorney?

You will read a variety of situations of how member's were accepted for Disability..ex...some did it on their own and were successful.
    I applied with a Disability attorney and was accepted within six months.
    He helped me deal with everything!
    And he guided the doctors with part of forms needed to be filled out.
    I did have to schedule an appointment for doctors to fill out the forms, but I believe that's fair.

Using Disabilty attorney was at no cost to me...esp since I accepted within six months.
    For those who are accepted at a later date, there is often times retroactive pay, and the attorney takes a percentage of that as his fee....so no out of pocket cost to you.
    I don't remember the percentage, but I remember thinking it sounded fair.

Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History