Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

C5, C6 Protusion

Just got an MRI and was diagnosed with this. I've had pain going from the right side of my neck down to my right wrist for 2 months. What treatments have you tried? I'm planning on seeing a corrective chiropractor and have physical therapist work on it and hoping massage therapy will help. Doc referred me to a neurosurgeon but hopefully I can get relief without having to see them since they'll more than likely want to do surgery or cortisone shot. I don't want either one and cortisone shot breaks down cartilage.  Has ANYONE found ANY relief from this issue?
advertisement

Comments

• I've had epidural injections in my neck and lower back for several years. Relief can last from weeks to a year; it depends on the person. I personally choose not to go to chiros after one bad experience that landed me in the ER. I've had surgeries for my lower back which is in worse shape. Massage and  physical therapy (including aqua therapy) are helpful and less invasive of course. If your problems don't progress and the pain is manageable, it is possible that the protrusion might heal itself in time. Others, however, need surgery especially if neurological problems worsen. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • Thank you for the reply, Meydey. Did you have constant pain in your extremities before your surgeries and shots? I get stabbing pain in upper right arm and pain in right forearm off and on. The pain tends to move around. Sometimes it'll be in my shoulder. Pretty good indication a nerve is being pressed on. I think if it were pinched the pain would be constant? Surgery scares the heck out of me in that area. How did your surgeries turn out?
  • advertisement