Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

ACDF C6 /C7 Pain and weakness returning?

Hi 

I'm looking for some advice (reassurance?)

I had my op 3 months ago and in the last 2 weeks my pain has started to return. I wasn't too concerned as pain is expected but it's gotten to the point where I can't sleep properly or comfortably in any position. My movement in turning my neck to the left is limited and the weakness in my right hand is coming back.  When I injured myself (I literally woke up in pain with no prior warning) I lost feeling in my right hand as well as strength, but by Feb it all felt normal again. I only see my Neurosurgeon again at the end of March and I honestly don't know what to expect. Reading some of the previous discussions on similar situations, it's pretty scary exactly how much pain people are left with and how little the Dr's seem to care about the pain. I was told this op has a 98% success rate and I could return to my normal life but that certainly is not proving to be the case? 
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, Kayles!

I'm sorry to hear that your recovery isn't going as well as you'd hoped it would.  Although I had lumbar fusion surgery, I can relate to your situation in that the recovery I had envisioned for myself wasn't the one I experienced!! 

Have you spoken to your surgeon yet?  I know you're scheduled to see the neurosurgeon at the end of March, but anytime you experience the return of old and/or new symptoms, it's time to let the surgeon know.  Keeping your surgeon aware of what's going on with your recovery helps him/her to better help you!!

I'd like to welcome you to Spine-Health!  Please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started!

Welcome to Spine-Health">
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Kimmy72, Spine-health Moderator
    Firm believer in PMA!