Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

T10-S1- Fused Rods and Screws- In Wheelchair since Feb 2016

13 Months ago Fused T10-S1- Rods and Screws. Unable to walk still. Doctor says can take up to 2 yrs for nerves to heal. Legs from knees down numb, left drop foot, right foot ok.
Can stand and walk about 50 feet but then legs feel like they weigh 1000 lbs, have to sit down. Doctor said nerves still have to heal. Had neck fused 2016 C2-C7 s well, now had MRI feb on neck 2107 C8-T1 has herniated disk and doctor said this could be causing my legs being heavy. Wants to do surgery. I also have Both Hips Replaced. 

Anyone have this fusion T10-S1 and can walk fine? Could it take up to 2 years for nerves to heal or will I be in wheelchair for ever?
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,636
    edited 03/18/2017 - 1:57 PM
    Hello dcoble2664

Please click on the link for useful information
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,433
    edited 03/19/2017 - 8:13 PM
    Hiya
    I had a T10 to S with pelvic fixation in dec 2016 and i needed to learn to walk normally again but now, 12 weeks post surgery i am up without help. But i only had a weak left leg and foot drop on my left and a ton of nerve pain from cysts and scoliosis.  I have a post called my scoliosis in the scoliosis section if you want more details....i still have some pain and i am still a bit uncoordinated walking outside-a bit dorky feeling and slow...my surgeon says at least a year but likely 2 for all the nerves to recover to my left leg.  So...it can take a long time. And this surgery is very tough on the body!!!  I know its hard to be patient and to keep pushing when nothing seems to be getting better.  Nerves need input to heal so try to keep moving-plus it helps from losing all the muscle!!! At least thats what my surgeon said. 
    Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement