Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Life hard now...

Only 60 years old.,

Live with chronic pain now for a number of years. It has escalated severely in the last year S1 L5 and some other disabilities with stenosis it seems like the only relief I get an app for those few hours that I take some Norco or Tramadol and I can barely get out of bed now..

Now fibro seems like it's kicking my a## all my joints ache...

I try to alternate Norco with Tramadol every 4 to 6 hours it's been seems like it allows me to not abuse as much..

Exercise does help in the morning with a hot tub but just to get up and speak in doing it as a major effort and I also have fibro now with my whole joints just pulsing aching I'm just wore out now. The epidurals help for a while if I got out of the VA pain clinic because I didn't return soon enough so I have to wait to get another epidural for 6 more months. I'm so much now severely depressed..

Began another round of Hep C meds this last month...

Sorry for dump, just sharing out...

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Jlm86! I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. What we go through, on a daily basis, is indescribable. The only people that understand, are the ones that live it. Which is why you are in the right place! We all need to vent, at times! I know it can be so depressing, that's why coming here and sharing your feelings is so important. We are a family. We are here to support each other. Try and keep your head up. 

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,472
    Jlm86, you can rant all you want to, we've all done it, several times!!
    But, yes, like Jilly said, you've come to a very good site. Besides all the support, personal experiences and advice from other members, this forum is a wealth of information. Just a click away from articles and videos on anything spine related.
    I've had fibromyalgia for over 20 yrs so i know how you feel. Especially when you have spinal issues, what's causing what to hurt? 
    Have you been given anything in particular for the fibro other than the meds you mentioned? 
    Please keep us posted on how you are doing or if you just want to talk.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • I feel like I'm not going to live much longer ..
    The morning is torture , till the meds kick in...

My back, joints and shooting pain thru my body is incredible..
    I cannot believe I don't have MS or something like that..

I work at home as analyst, so that is good, but Im hitting the 
    Wall now..

Used to play golf, workout 4x/week 5am etc.. it's all gone
    I get that small amount of relief with meds, but tolerance and dependance, and being a slave to the MD/pharmacy routine sucks..

That's it. Going to church now..
    Best
    Jlm86

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,472
    Jlm, you are only 60. Please dont feel that way about your life, you are so young.
    I'm 68 and have been in chronic pain for years, so i understand. And the routine of doctors, meds, tests does wear on you.
    But let's start somewhere, if you don't mind. You said S1 L5 and some other disabilities with stenosis. Do you mind explaining the other disabilities? Have you and your discussed any other options?
    We'll start with that and I hope to hear more about your story. 
    As a side note, I fought the depression too, mostly due to having to give up so much.
    But we'll talk about that later if you'd like.  
    Sandra
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 82
    edited 03/20/2017 - 10:52 AM
    This is the place to dump, vent, cry out to the group that truly understands.  I am venting now!  My epidural was a week ago and barely any relief as I sit here with my eyes closed with a heating pad, now ice, took my oxy an hour ago and no relief, come on it should have kicked in by now, looks like I need to double up since the pain is too much. I hope it works!  I haven't eaten all day due to the pain and I know I need to eat.  I've lost close to 40+ plus pounds since my injury 8 months ago.  I've lost my job, my stuff (who cares), my past active life, you all know what I'm trying to convey so no need to elaborate.  I still have my wife and hoping I don't drive her away having to stress her out dealing with me.  The financial impact and the uncertainty of our future.  My wife has been wonderful, even though she's not the nursing attentive type, more of a "man up, suck it up buttercup" type.  So I thread lightly expressing my agony with her since she's sick and tired of hearing it. I can see it on her face.  She tells me I need to get off this site because it is depressing me more, but for many people they just can't comprehend the invisible PAIN. And I mean it when I say that she's been wonderful.  Waiting waiting for the pain to subside at the moment, thanks for giving me a little relief spine-health readers.

This is where I come for therapy, hoping that someday I can post in the "Good news-success" category of the web site.  
    Akira/Chuck
  • advertisement
  • jlm86jjlm86 Posts: 4
    edited 03/24/2017 - 2:02 AM
    i'm in a really dark place... the weather is beautiful and i'm in the basement analyzing data, life has been sucked out of me...
    i went to gym a few times last week,..good feeling...

i have thoughts you know...  life is too [edit] hard, my family would be better without me..
    my brother died last year, overdose..
    elderly mom is a burden.

insomnia now of late..
    still go to my aa meetings after many years, my friends are good.

waiting for epidural , but wondering where it's all going

best to you all..

suicide help resources

suicide hotline numbers

usa: 1-800-784-2433

uk : 08457 90 90 90

roi: 1850 60 90 90

suicide hotline numbers for canada
    (url link) https://www.suicideinfo.ca/csp/go.aspx?tabid=77

liz, spine-health moderator

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.