Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Post 6 months of L5-S1 with infection

Hello All,

I(29yrs) had L5-S1 fusion 6 months back. At last I'm doing little better than previous. I've seen the hell with my infection. Currently I'm able to walk and go office in a safe route with full restrictions ( no forward bending, not sitting on the floor etc).
But I still have pains in lower back and left groin region, when I lift my legs as part of streches I noticed my testicles are paining. 

Would I supposed to bend forward and go to gym in future?? For these questions my surgeon is telling Yes in future.

To get relax, I gone to body massage and there I'm advised to get ayurveda treatments called "Kati vasti" and "navarakizhi", Am I supposed get those body massage treatments?? Any suggestion pls......
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,437
    Rock786

You will probably return to the gym in time, but your workouts may need to be adjusted to fit your new normal.  Please work with your surgeon and maybe a physical therapist to determine when you should return, and what you your workouts should be.

Bruce
    Spine-health Moderator

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Thank you Bruce!

My surgeon told me for 2 more months I should not do activities. Will check with after 2 months.

Any idea about above mentioned massage treatments??
  • advertisement
  • Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,437
    Rock786

Sorry, I don't know much about those massage treatments.  I know my brother used something similar while recovering from heart surgery, but other than that - nothing...

Bruce
    Spine-health Moderator

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Bruce, Okok no problem thanks
advertisement