Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

CBD OIL has given my life back

couchpotato68ccouchpotato68 Wash. DCPosts: 46
edited 03/31/2017 - 10:23 PM in Alternative Treatments
I have had acute chronic siatica for 8 years now. I tried every treatment, med, tools there are with no success.
I was at the end of my rope, a few minutes away  from calling 911 to put me in the BHU. I called the local crisis hotline and they told me about CBD oil. I thought it was just in one stran of cannabis that would be impossible to get, plus I don't like the "high".
After talking with her I ordered a starter kit. The morning before it arrived I had a doc appointment. To get there a ridged back brace, cane, cushion and my pain was a solid 8.
It arrived in the mail and I tried it at 5 pm. Within 2 minutes the aniexty and muscle spams from my waist up were gone. AN HOUR LATER I COULD WALK NORMALLY AGAIN, BALANCE ON ONE FOOT AND RAN, YES RAN ABOUT 50 FEET. THE SWELLING IN MY LUMBAR WAS GONE.
PRio to this I had to la down 22 hours a day, could not sit in a normal chair at all. The only thing I could do was walk in a pool up to twice a week if I could get there. The results continue to be amazing. I'm taking a guess that my mind has been conditioned to always expect the pain, never allow the muscles to relax. That phone call and the CBD vaporizer has as far as I am concerned saved my life. This is my experience ONLY AND I'M NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING BEYOND THAT. But I didn't see any CBD posts so I thought I would tell the story.

Oh CBD HEMP OIL IS LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES FROM WHAT I COULD FIND OUT.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,248
    Hello!
    It is surprising to me that the crisis hotline was able to give you such specific information.
    It seems maybe someone there quite familiar with chronic pain....?

And it is good you received such benefit from it!
    I appreciate how you stated this your experiences...as someone else may not have as effective results...if any.

Would you mind to please remind us of your spine's injuries/diagnosis? ....as it caused you such consistent pain and restrictions, prior to vaporizer.

I am curious, ...what did doctor have to say about your OTC vaporizer?
    And what did your doctor have to say about symptoms improving so drastically?

Also, curious... does your doctor want you to continue with some limitations to your activities?..even with you feeling so much better?
    Did he think you might continue to injure your affected areas, since not feeling the pain to limit your movements?

I wish you the best! ..and glad you have experience of relief from your pain!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 75
    Sue, I concur.
    Akira/Chuck
  • advertisement
  • Wow that's a lot. I'll try.
    1. In 09 I injured my back just taking clothes out of the dryer. Everything would have healed, but a PT tore the last 2 disks internally. It healed in a year,then I tore it again and again over the years. DDD in S1 through l4. All surgeons said surgery would not help. Referred to PM, DISASTROUS RESULTS BOTH TIMES. 
    Finally found aqua therapy, helped but during soft tissue massage they could barely touch the back of my legs. Muscles like rubber band stretched to it's limit .
    2. I told my doc I ordered it but hadn't arrived.  He said to let him know how it worked. I go back in a month. He previously agreed that trying cannabis was worth a try. It didn't work. He doesn't know yet of the results.
    3. Unlike opiods that masked it and was a contributing factor in reinjuring it. CBD just relaxes, allows all the nitrogen bubbles to escape but MY LEGS ARE SORE, LIKE I RAN A MARATHON.  I over did it yesterday so it's rest and icy hot patches on the muscles. I'm still weak, but thanks to all the aqua PT I learned n a lot stronger than I was.

IMPORTANT : I got lucky in finding my source, been looking around and 90% of what's out there is nothing more than squeezed hemp seeds. I still am wary, even from the company I bought it from. 
    NOTE: CBD OIL HAS ONLY BEEN FEDERALLY legal since December 2016. The fact is there is more profit in high THC than high CBD. Thus the comment about being from hemp. Also the FDA has fast tracked a CBD based medication. It's going to take a few years before pot growers will start cultivating the three strains of high CBD.
    Hope that answers your questions.

• Duhhhh.... both disks MASSIVELY BULGED. when laying down during MRI just shows 25% compression. They don't consider what happens when I stand up and put weight on it.
  • Duhh again,  be wary a lot of it's snake oil, so to speak.
  • advertisement
  • 1 WEEK UPDATE : As of today no longer need to use the CBD. Yesterday I did more than I have in 6 years. My quad, I think, big upper leg muscles were incredibly sore today. BUT NO SPASMS. The sciatic pain at the base of back is still there but easily ignored and doesn't spread. 
  • ArizonaAArizona ArizonaPosts: 68
    Wow that is so great to hear!  Muscle soreness is a piece of cake.  It's a good thing - I mean unless it is grossly excessive to the point of serious injury.  But what it shows is you were able to use muscles that hadn't been used in a  long time so now they are sore.  I ordered cbd oil too and tracking says it will arrive tomorrow.  I hope it works on me too, because so far pretty much nothing has...
  • AkiraAAkira Redlands, CAPosts: 75
    Where do you oder this from?
    Akira/Chuck
  • which brand did you try? I am willing to try anything at this point to get some relief.
  • ArizonaAArizona ArizonaPosts: 68
    I got mine today and I have very tentatively tried it.  Very carefully because so many drugs make me sick.  How long does it take to work?  So far I don't feel anything.
advertisement