Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I need to know if anyone else experienced this

Comments

• I got my St. Jude SCS in 12/8/16. My battery was supposed to last 5 years also. For over a month now it keeps alerting me that I need to replace my battery.

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 745
    My scs rep told me that a lot of the non-rechargeable scs unit batteries are only lasting one year. 
  • advertisement
  • jannamjjannam Tucson ArizonaPosts: 1

I just had my proclaim elite put in 7 days ago 6/27. Healing has been ok the worst of it was when I had muscle spasms that wrapped around my chest. It felt like I couldn't breathe and freaked me out. Thank fully I was in the hospital at the time so the nurses were able now to give me Valium and talk me down. Back story I have degenerative discs had double laminectomy L4-L5-S1 10/08, full 360 anterior and posterior fusion L4-L5-S1 done in two separate surgeries 4 days apart 12/2009, permanent partial L5 nerve damage, hardware removal 4/2011, L3-L4 fusion 4/2016, fusion revision 6/2016 due to pedicle screw being placed in L3 nerve root at time of surgery, now complete nerve damage to L3 nerve. Dr would not listen for 3 moths that there was something wrong even after all those previous surgeries. You would think I'd be a pro by then. Been on moriphine er 15 mg 3xs daily with Percocet 10/325 twice a day. physical therapy for 10 years 1 cortisone shot but serious allergic systemic reaction. So here is my current question. They placed the leads at T8ish and the 7year (larger) battery just below the ribs on the left side of my back  (about belly button level) they turned it on but on very low and will adjust it and set it up at my follow up on the 13th. My biggest issue is the burning pain that is coming from the area between the incision and the battery. I assume it's where they threaded the wires through and the battery area itself I can use my right arm freely but try to brush my hair or put on a shirt using my left arm and that area sets on fire and hurts like crazy including muscle spasms. Even sitting up or walking will trigger it. Has anyone else had this issue where implant area is great it's the battery/ wire area giving issues?

• When I was researching the six different SCS devices I immediately determined that I wanted a rechargeable battery device.  I know I did not want to have surgery to replace the SCS if I could avoid it.  I knew that I would have to allocate time, and most likely daily, to recharge my battery but that was better than surgery to replace the SCS.  I chose the Algovita mainly because it has flexible leads that are anchored and are more able to withstand my bending & twisting.   The algovita also is the newest on the market and has the latest bells and whistles. I'm 76 YO and the battery may outlast me!

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.