Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

PCDF C3 to T1 - would YOU do it again?

I'm a 70 y.o. Male with fairly severe cervical stenosis. Two excellent surgeons propose extensive decompression and fusion. HERE'S THE QUESTION...if you had a similar surgery, would you go through it again or live with the pain you were having? My pain level is moderate but I do have some progressive numbness in my left hand and a little trouble lifting with the left arm. Previously, I've experienced sudden shocks that stopped me in my tracks. Now I am seeing blogs and comments from folks who seem far worse after the surgery than they were before. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOMETHING POSITIVE.
advertisement

Comments

• if you can check out piperbill posts.  i had occiput? to C7  same sort of symptoms, sometimes felt electrocuted if i sneezed,  long story short, am pain free, and would do it all again.  most of the   i was experiencing are gone as well as the pain, in my case i have no range of motion but figured out how to continue, im a 70 year old power plant mechanic. first couple of months after surgery were a bit rough but temporary so got past it and am living a very nice life. your journey is yours but you are not alone and i wish you success and well being. take care piperbill
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,357
    hello skookumguy

even though i have spinal stenosis i have never been a candidate for surgery. but, having said that, i have had spinal surgery twice. would i have it again to get me out of pain, yes. i always tell people, on the internet you will only read the bad horrid stories about surgery. they very rarely come back on and give the good positive news.

please click on the welcome link below for more useful information.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement