Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Heavenlyrae- My Story

my back pain has been on and off for years but in nov of 2015 i was walking up stairs with a slightly heavy box when i got to the top of the staircase and if felt like i got shot in the back i was in major pain i could handle that but as  the months went on in late dec i think i started getting leg pain in the left leg i though nothing of it at first maybe i slept on it wrong or somthing i went back to the doctors and my primary doctor sent me for an MRI and sent me to a pain management doctor when i saw that PM doc i thought he was vary unprofessiona and i told him i have anxiety and said he could perscribe a Xanax to calm me before an injection i said i would consider it THEN he told me i have two herniated discs i went home and i talked to my family and we agreed to call down to a neurosurgon for a second opinion he did a surgery on my mom a few years back so i knew i was in good hands i took my MRI CD to that appotiment and he pointed out that one of the two discs was severely herniated and was possibly going to paralyze me so the following week i had surgery after one visit and going to preadmission things went well for a few months

last augest i went to a theme park with my family i was in any pain no thoughts on my back that day  i rode on a rollercoaster (my first steel one) and bumper cars then the pain returned on and off i volenteer weekly and as of late is been painful to stand for long i noticed it was going down my right leg i called  my surgon he said lets try pt  that made it worse went  back again had an MRI set up last Dec and review was nothing changed but WHY was in pain? could it have been the cold weather? now theres a been a few times i lost my balance and fell and i slipped on the porch staircase and the pains been worse since then but its on and off so in march my surgon said an injection might help i did my homework and my pain management doctor is also a orthopedic spine surgon so im hoping he will help thats about it for my story

now on to questions:is it possible the right leg nerve pain is from the herniated disc getting worse?(between my last mri and now?} will i need to undergo another surgery in the future? should i stay active even when it hurts or will it cause more damage? {i like being outdoors} my left leg hurts somtimes is that normal nerve healing?

i guess thats it for now
advertisement

Comments

• also i feel like there is a small lump where my insision is its vary annoying that i cannot lay on my back
  • memerainboltmmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 1,794
    Heavenlyrae

Sorry, but I need to clear a few things up that I might have misunderstood.
    When and for what did you have surgery?
    Did you get the injection in March and where?

Whether you will need surgery in the future is between you and your surgeon. We are not capable or permitted to give any kind of medical advice. You are the only one that knows what you are or not capable of doing. Pain will always let you know.

You need to have the lump looked at by your surgeon.

Please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • i had surgery may 6th of last year and i havent had an injection yet they keep making appointment changes due to the doctors going out of town so im now going may 1st hoping it dosent have to be changed again
    Heavenlrae

Does your doctor know you are having all these problems? What area did you have surgery (i.e. L4 L5) and why?
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
  • HeavenlyraeHHeavenlyrae Posts: 231
    edited 04/18/2017 - 6:28 PM
    the area i had surgery was L5/S1 and i had a really bad herniated disc and the lump apperd about a week ago when the pain got really back today is a OK day just hope i have more days like this also right now i have a dull ache in my lower leg this might be nerves?(right leg)
  • advertisement
  • Trying ice at the moment not sure how I like it
    But you have to try. We try a lot of different things to help ourselves, doctors don't know our bodies like we do.
    That's why I sent you links to articles to read, to help yourself
    Try an ice pack, wait about 15 min. then apply heat, 15 min then ice. See if that helps.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
  • Ice just makes it hurt worse but heat and pain meds)l
    Great!! you found something that helps.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
  • Yeah it's just when I stand up it hurts for like a minute but then it subsides down to like a 5 from 10 when I stand up i do get up and walk and stuff  it's been rainy and wet it's worse then on a nice warm day I noticed when the insision is touched it just makes the pain wild to like past 10 so is this a sign of renhernation?
advertisement