Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

my scolosis and surgry

Comments

• thanks Noreen, I don't relly compare cuz this surgery was different, but notice there are soom post surgery issues that are the same. this time seeing they had to collapse a lung I have issues with short of breath. I was doing good with recovery so went out side to cut back some plants do leaves and I put up Christmas lights cuz we had this day with temps in the high 60s it was like 69. but something bit me.

at first I thought it was a mositoe, but there was no bit mark.. this itching is increadable though and this happened Thursday afternoon..now on sunday it still itches..plus Friday I got pain in my left arm..muscle pain. I am having some sort of reaction to this bit..lol arm pain went away and was replaced with right hip then in to both hamstrings now having trobble walking..thinking now it was a chiger bit..wow sleeping is hard..bad weather..old pain from back surgrey..new pain from last surgery and all this travling musscele pain from bit..wow I have had enough of this all ready..it no better by Monday I will need to try and find a walk in clinque to deal with this. good think I have pain meds..hate them but right now needed.

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,486

i got nailed by a spider a couple weeks ago and i swear it almost put me in bed, i had a huge red bump but no bite mark per se and then my lymph nodes all swelled up....i ended up seeing my family doctor and getting antibiotics and antihistamines for it, and it felt so much better the next day...but the pain in my muscles from it was crazy!  not sure if it was the reaction to the bite, or the swelling, but i was bit on the shoulder and my entire arm shoulder and then my leg started hurting.  never reacted like that to a spider bite before....so either i've changed with the surgery or the spiders did LOL.  i'm thinking it's more the first.....

i hope your breathing is getting easier robyn!

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement
  • wow..well it turned out to not be the bit I got last Thursday..but rather a tick bit yrs ago..i now have lymes on top of everything else..dang I hope I soon catch a break. its so hard to walk legs won't go where I want them to go and now my right leg and foot is also numb. started the drugs tonight so in a week or so hope to be walking again

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,486

argh!  i had to get treated for lymes 3 years ago.  21 days on doxycycline.  worked well for me!  i'm still negative on the test....but the fatigue was crazy....hang in there!  hopefully you can rest some.....ticks, i have no idea how or why mother nature "invented" those things, i see absolutely nothing useful about them!  we have them bad here too, and i'm still finding ticks even just last week!  yuck.  my least favorite bug of all time.  feel better soon!

Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• Can you just stay inside for awhile!? Binge watch some Netflix. Maybe till this year is over?? Goodness so sorry. 

N

• advertisement
  • ok the big update. my recovery from my surgery suffered a big set back. I came down with Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) and nuro lymes about the same time. spent 6 days in hospital, and 15 days in a rehab hospital to learn how to walk again. they feel the GBS was a combo of the flu shot and a surgery too close together. they say my case is very complicated because of some nerve damage from the scolosis and the big surgery for it, plus the lymes. recovery can be 6 months to a year for GBS. for right now I have a whole new base line witch is less then before or after my spine surgery. I am in a new ball game now and need to recover from theses new things before I can tell anything about my recovery for my back. I have another week of IV's that I give myself at home, along with home OT and PT. I look forward to being able to drive and go to outpientent PT down the road. I will still read post and give my support to anyone here. but will not be able to add anything on this tread about my back recovery cause of too much goin on in the body right now and not knowing whats what. I am able to walk now..its a strange walk kind of like a babys walk during frist few months. legs are still very shaky. so here to give my support any way I can. I hope you all are recoverying nicly and I surly wish no one ever goes throught what I am after a scolosis surgery like we all have here. I am making progress each and every day, and I am determined to over come this too!!

hang in there all! I am still here for everyone

• Yikes Robyn - I have to say you are one of the strongest women I "know".  You have such determination and drive to beat these obstacles.  I picture that old poster (maybe from the 40's) of the woman flexing her bicep and stating "we can do it!" when I think of you. YOU GO GIRL!!

10 level fusion T9 - S1 with pelvic fixation. Two titanium rods, 24 screws, 4 cages.

Firm believer in PMA

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,393

I agree with urbmshr!! I think with your determination and positive attitude you will be able to overcome all of this. I'm so sorry you are going through this. We are all behind you, stay strong.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Robyn: I am sorry and so shocked to hear this. And the others are absolutely correct of course. You have been incredibly strong and supportive to all of us while you’ve been recovering from two- wait - three surgeries I believe! So please take all of your energy and focus it on you. I am glad they are offering the in home OT and PT and you’re right to concentrate on the GB recovery first. I only know one person who had that as a child which was probably an entirely different recovery. He did recover, is now a Doctor, but cannot get vaccines or at least not flu shots. 

Stay strong and please come and complain to us. 

Noreen 

advertisement