Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Endometriosis pain

Hello everyone,
I have a disease called endometriosis. I was diagnosed at 19 with a surgical procedure to vurn off lesions from my endometrium wall. Typically with this condition women aren't able to have babies. It highly affects fertility. Well in 2016 I got pregnant and my son made it through the entore pregnancy. I am so grateful he is here now. Normally once a woman has a child the endometriosis pain subsides. I was so anxious to no longer be in pain after healing from the c section. However, after I had him my pain got significantly worse. A little education on the condition... It causes chronic abdomen pain as well as lower back pain on a daily basis. When you start your menstrual cycle the pain increases and it feels like a seraded blade is struck into your spinal cord and twisted constantly while having a bowel movement during the mensis. 2 weeks after your cycle during ovulation week the increased pain returns for about 10 days. But it never fully goes away. The only cure for it is to have a full hysterectomy (I am 24 years old). Over the years I have tried hydrocodone, tylenol 3, vicaprofen, and regular otc meds. When I was initially diagnose advil worked fine. But like any drug the body accustomed to it and now it seems no matter what I try - nothing works. Now here I am since I've had my son - the pain increases with every month and every cycle. Each worse than the month before. My doctor doesn't typically prescribe pain meds. But my mother had surgery on her knee a few years back and no longer has cartilage in it. She was given something called percocet 15mg. She came to me one day and gave me on one of my worsf days and it worked wonders. But she said I would have to go get my own script because she cannpt continue to supply me with hers. As i did research on the drug it looks like its pretty difficult to get. Lots of people are addicted to it and because of that doctors aren't prescribing it as often. Does anyone have any insight on how to help me convince my doctor that this is what has worked for me and its what I need? Here lately my lower bacl and upper back (where my bra stretches across) has been in excruciating pain and its getting to a point where I cant get out of bed to go to work. I hate missing out on my son. He is 7 months old tomorrow and is already crawling and mobile. I would love nothing more than to move and groove with him without having to deal with this burden. Any advice is appreciated! Thank yiu for reading!! I know its lengthy. 
advertisement

Comments

• I had the same thing and the only way to truly feel better is the complete hysterectomy. I had it done at age 26. But i had been on a nose spray called stadol and that worked well for me then. I dought you can even get it anymore. .... But after you have all the babies you want get it done, you'll never regret it I Sure Haven't.  But this is not medical advise,  this is from my own personal experiences. 

Good luck!!
  • @chizzle92 I also had a hysterectomy at 28. I don't think doctors will put you on heavy doses of pain meds, long term, for this condition. I don't think asking for a specific drug is a good idea. One, you took someone else's medication, which is a big no no. Two, now and days it's considered drug seeking behavior to ask for a specific drug. All you can do is comply with your doctors course of treatment, and give him feedback on what is working and not. Good luck and keep us posted!

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5
  • advertisement
  • I was not suggesting for anyone to ask for that medication. I was simply telling my story and what helped me many years ago. I am 51 yrs old and it was 25 yrs ago.

• @ppain I'm not sure who you were referring to in your last post, but I was addressing @chizzle92. Sorry for the confusion!

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5
  • I had suffered from endometriosis for years as well. For treatment after surgery and ablation I did the simulated menopause Injections to give my body a break.  It worked I was able to have 4 babies, we had our issues there as well but they came healthy and stable, and then I continued to have severe problems and a hysterectomy was recommended. Best wishes to you.  Hang in there

• advertisement
  • Birth control also helps endometriosis pain, and your gyn should be able to discuss options with you, regarding which method would be more helpful.

Pain medications are hard to get, even for people with well documented obvious painful conditions, and are becoming even harder to get, short or long term.

Hormonal therapies are usually more helpful in controlling endometriosis pain and growth by supressing hormone levels. Hysterectomy isn't always necessary, especially when you are young and may want more children down the road.

It is illegal and dangerous to take any medication not prescribed to you, and 15 mg of oxycodone is a hefty dose for someone who has not taken them and built up a tolerance already. It can cause an overdose, in some individuals and supress breathing.

advertisement