Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

21yrs Old Really Worried About My Lower Back

I am 21 years old and was told 2 years that I have a problem with my back spine and I believe that it is bulging disc. I think this was a result of working out as a beginner with improper form. I don't really feel pain ever maybe once in a while, but I am concerned if I will ever be able to work out again. Particularly squats or abs (crunches, sit ups, etc). I have definitely seen improvement in my back over the last two years and have still continues working out but completely cut out deadlifts and squats. My MRI results say
1. Diffuse posterior bulging disc L4-deforming the thecal sac and bilateral L5 nerve roots.
2. Posterior bulging disc L5-S1 abutting the thecal sac and bilateral S1nerve roots.
3. Slight disc space narrowing L5-S1 inter vertebral disc space level.

I'm really worried about if I will have this problem for the rest of my life or if it can get worse in the future, can I completely heal from this? I will attach a picture of my MRI paper so someone could please give me a better explanation

https://ibb.co/e8n4a5
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,636
    Hello kevnewyork
    There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
    This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test 

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
    Please click on the link for useful information Welcome to Spine-Health

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • wrcftwwwrcftw Posts: 36
    edited 06/27/2017 - 5:23 PM
    They say the back of a healthy person could also show a whole mess of problems so it's hard to say.  But practice good posture and maybe continue to lay off the low back intense lifts (deadlifting etc), that's what caused my back flare up and it's 3 months and I'm still dealing with it. There are lots alternative lifts to do that will save your back in the future..
  • advertisement
  • Your back is a long term investment.  It has to carry you all your life.  Is it worth messing it up so young by wanting to lift heavy weights.  You are better off knowing that you have the potential for back problems to work on your core strength and all round fitness.  Good core muscles properly worked can really reduce the likelihood of future back problems.  A good PT can help you with this.

Phil