Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Battling Fibromayalgia for 6 years

Hi everyone! My name is Viga and I am 32 years old. I have been battling fibromyalgia for about 6 years now and I have to say, it is exhausting to me. Right now I am on Gabapentin 300mg 3x a day and fentanyl patches 12mcg and can have them changed every 48 hours not 72 because unfortunately they don't last that long in my skin. The fentanyl does help I feel like it would help even more if they attached to my skin and wouldn't have to be changed so soon. I have a good pain doctor who I see however, I am nervous because I want to transition over to maybe the fentanyl lollipops does anyone have advice? Thank you all!  

advertisement

Comments

• Hi olderthandirt 

I really appreciate you reading my post and expressing your feelings it means a lot. I have also tried lidocaine patches and they do not help me. With fibromyalgia there is no one place where it really hurts, it hurts everywhere.

For me my skin feels like it is on fire, like someone is pealing it off, my fingers and fingernails as well as my toes and toenails hurt so bad it feels like someone took a hammer to then and broke them. My joints feel like they are breaking like being ripped apart, it becomes difficult for me to walk, I am tired all the time and I don't want to do certain things even though I have to. I try to be positive though

• I am so sorry about you having Addison's disease. I have also been on prednisone as well due to my liver transplant. It is an amazing steroid but the side effects were brutal towards me I couldn't wait to finish it but I do understand why people are on it. My fibromyalgia flares have been very bad as well to were I need to go to the ER and my pulse and blood pressure goes through the roof and no one knows what is happening so I do understand what you are saying. 

I have accidentally double posted I tried to figure out how to get rid of it but you are right I think it got removed lol. Thank you so much for your kindness and I wish you nothing but the best of luck with everything :) don't be afraid to reach out again! :) 

• advertisement