Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Methylorednisolone results?

Hurt my back years ago, never fully recovered. But Sunday I sneezed in my sleep and felt this awful pain go down my spine, for two days I couldn't stand, sit, or walk without severe Pain went to my hips and knees. Went to the ER got a 6 day dose of oral steroids. By the second day I was able to slowly walk around, now it's day 3 and I'm able to walk more and feeling a lot better everyday. I guess I had bad inflammation?these steroids get rid of the pain for good or is it just masking it? It's a wonderful drug so far. Would to hear other people's experience with it. Thanks in advance. I just hope those pain isn't gonna return..

advertisement

Comments

• @zoso31 I have AS and steroids are a God send for me! They help with inflammation, which helps your pain. I have bad inflammation flares where I have to get steroid infusions (by IV) about every 6-8 weeks. How long it helps differs by person. I'm so happy it's working for you! 

Retrolisthesis C4 of C5 and C5 of C6
    Spondylolthesis C5/C6
    Disc protrusions with Annular Tears C3/C4, C4/C5, and C5/C6
    Disc Material Compressing Spinal Cord C3/C4
    Severe Forminal Stenosis C5/C6
    DDD
    Ankylosing Spondylitis 
    Annular Tears L3/L4 and L5/S1
    Enlarged Facet Joints/Facet Anthrosis L3/L4/L5
    PLIF with Rods, Cage, and Pedicle Screws-L4/L5