Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

e cigarettes anyone?

advertisement

Comments

• Trasee said:
    I only posted my success with chantix for quitting because of the nicotine chemical. Of course, we all know its's bad for fusion. I am soooooooo stubborn and once I made up my mind to do it, there was no way I wasn't going to quit. This surgery and pain after has been unbearable at times, and I could have smoked a carton of cigarettes. But why go thru all of this and harm myself more or have a failure rate of 70% for fusion pts. SO NO I am not a former smoker out to convert the world or get ya to drink the kool-aid. i just wanted you guys that are struggling to know what worked for me.

And best of luck, amd even if you can cut back the amount you're smoking, you will be doing your body a favor.

Hugs
    Howdy, not mad or anything. I think it is great that you were able to quit. Excellent actually! I just did order some "E-Cigarettes" online. I do realize and agree that nicotine isn't good for a fusion, but all the other stuff with cigarettes isn't good for the body overall. These (low level) might actually make it easier for me to quit. We had 3 guys at work quit with "e-cigs" so I figure, Chantix didn't work for me (allergic - swelling), so this might work. Lungs will like it better, that's for sure! Take care. :-)

Congrats again on your success!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I hope it works for you Brenda. Hopefully in short order.

Kinda funny but their sales might go up considerably from NC residents. The state has now outlawed smoking in public places as of 1/1/2010. So restaurants and bars are now off limits. Only a cigar bar was allowed to keep it since that is their only reason for being open.

Causes a lot of political noise here since this is/was a major tobacco growing area.
  • advertisement
  • Z06 said:
    I hope it works for you Brenda. Hopefully in short order.

Kinda funny but their sales might go up considerably from NC residents. The state has now outlawed smoking in public places as of 1/1/2010. So restaurants and bars are now off limits. Only a cigar bar was allowed to keep it since that is their only reason for being open.

Causes a lot of political noise here since this is/was a major tobacco growing area.
    Graham,

Thanks much for the encouragement. :-) We haven't been able to light up in *most* public places for a few years now. Granted the weather is better, so smoking "outside" isn't so bad, but there was some adjusting folks had to do. There are very few places I have been that I couldn't get up and scoot outside for a "ciggie".. Cigar bars, yeah same here. A "regular" bar, if no more than 10% of their food is sold on a regular basis, then the bar is allowed to allow smoking.

We had the same "screaming" and adjusting here. I don't know if many switched to E-Cigarettes or not, I haven't personally seen any except for my co-workers! There might have been some around, but since they act like a "real" cigarette, I might not have noticed is all. Thanks again Graham, I hope the same! *HUG*

Brenda
  • So how are the e cigs working for you? Do you like them? Which company did you order from? I'm restarting using them, to cut back on regular smokes with the goal of using only them, then ultimately none at all.

Hope all is well!
    Aviatrix36440 said:
    Z06 said:
    I hope it works for you Brenda. Hopefully in short order.

Graham,

Thanks much for the encouragement. :-) We haven't been able to light up in *most* public places for a few years now. Granted the weather is better, so smoking "outside" isn't so bad, but there was some adjusting folks had to do. There are very few places I have been that I couldn't get up and scoot outside for a "ciggie".. Cigar bars, yeah same here. A "regular" bar, if no more than 10% of their food is sold on a regular basis, then the bar is allowed to allow smoking.

We had the same "screaming" and adjusting here. I don't know if many switched to E-Cigarettes or not, I haven't personally seen any except for my co-workers! There might have been some around, but since they act like a "real" cigarette, I might not have noticed is all. Thanks again Graham, I hope the same! *HUG*

Brenda
  • yasmina said:
    So how are the e cigs working for you? Do you like them? Which company did you order from? I'm restarting using them, to cut back on regular smokes with the goal of using only them, then ultimately none at all.

Hope all is well!
    Howdy Karen,

I just sent you a PM with the company info for where I got mine. Their website is very clear, and easy to navigate. I had my order in 3 days!

The taste is a bit different, but not 'bad tasting' overall. The initial $$ outlay is high, but you will see that the 'refills' are way lower than even a few packs of smokes. Hope that helps.

Doing pretty good, thanks! I hope you too are doing well. Take care Karen. *HUG*

Brenda
  • advertisement
  • Have been using my ecig for some time and i love it. I am on the medium nicotine liquid. More later
  • I am not a fusion patient! But I did just order the best rated ecig on the net. Sure there is nicotine but no tar, no carcinogens and no second hand smoke!

My mother has smoked for more than 60 years and has tried everything to quit. I know that these will actually work for her since you can step down on the nicotine as you go and you still get to puff and hold the ecig. The addiction and habit are both addressed and I think they are an outstanding option to quit smoking.
  • JJ,

The company I originally got my eCigarette from had a fathers day special - free. I got one so I had an extra, plus couldn't beat the price! Sadly, since I've been retired, I haven't used it. I have to get my butt in gear again and start using it - I did feel better using it! Thanks for the mental refresh!!!

Brenda
  • I've gone 21 days without a cigarette since my surgery on Nov 3. i cut back alot the week before surgery. I had a friend come in town to visit and she had an ecig. I ordered one the next day. I ordered 0mg of nicotine. I want to quit not replace how I was getting nicotine minus the carcinogens. I was a ultra light menthol girl. I miss the hand to mouth and sometimes I do have a craving. But this ecig is doing it for me!
  • Congratulations!! Nodding, I do think the mechanical aspects (having something in our hands, motion of bringing the ciggie up to puff) has a lot to do with it. My dad quit back in the 70's with sunflower seeds of all things! He would put the still in the shell seed between his fingers, his thumb would wiggle it, tap it etc., just like a ciggie. He would also take it up to his mouth like a cigarette once in a while, then when done, he would eat the sunflower seed.

Odd, but it worked for him - so your going for 0mg is your sunflower seed! Again, good for you, good going!!

Brenda
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.