Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Im new having surgury in 2 weeks

cyndi4everccyndi4ever Posts: 153
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I am Cyndi from Gloucester Mass,(yes you read about it all the time lol)
I am going for my second c 5-6-7 disc surgury, first one was 4 years ago. I had artificial bone and screw and plates put in... I never had to have a collar at all and the recovery was pretty good or so I thought. After 2 years pain came back worse than before.. Thought it was my shoulder at first but found out that I had a small tear but the real problem was again my neck.. Fusion has become unsteady... This time going in having the hardware removed and new bone and cage and some sort of protein stuff... unless they decide to use my hip bone.... (hope not)He is a good surgeon and I have total faith in him and love him for his kind mannerism.... He has told me this time that It will be a worse recovery and I will have to wear the hard collar... that scares me... Im am an active person, working sometime 60 hours aweek as a chef and director of food service and to not be able to move around is my worst fear..... anyways, found this board and hopefully it will help a little with finding friends to talk to...
Cyndi

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health,good luck with your surgury....
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. have you gotten a second opinion? you say he is a nice guy but that second opinion is so very important. having surgery is going to limit your mobility for awhile. on the other hand how long can you stand the pain that a surgery will fix? do some homework before your surgery to verify what will be happening to you. perhaps you can live with conservative measures. please think about the second opinion and keep us posted. good luck! Jenny :)
  • with your surgery and welcome to SH

Best Wishes,
    Christina :)
  • Hi Cyndi. I am very sorry that you have to go through that experience again, but I will keep you in my thoughts and hope your symptoms are alleviated by this surgery. Good luck with everything and I will keep you in my prayers. Welcome to the board!!! This is a wonderful community.
advertisement