Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just home from nerve ablation 3 level both sides doing well

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
Just want to say that I was scared to have this done but, made it. #o To top it off I had the L3,L4,L5 done on both sides I thought I was only have three nerves done and was scared about that. The sleep Dr. put me out for the whole thing (general) and now not hurting on the left side, right side a bit sore. I am using an ice pack. Sure hope this works. Today has been a sad day tho my dog that would have turned 10 today died on Wed. I have 2 poms and they are brothers. Bought them at 8 weeks this was not expected at all. Long story. The brother that is home is lost they were born together. He is lost with me. Blessing to you all
advertisement

Comments

• I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how our dogs can become just like our children. How sad.
    I'll cross my fingers for you and I hope the procedure worked for you.
    Again, Im sorry aboout your dog.

Christina :)
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your precious little dog. You have enough to deal with regarding your surgery.. I know how lost I would feel if my little Westie was to die. Again I am so sorry. I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and your other little dog. You both need each other. Hope
  • Sorry to hear about your little dog - I have two Cockers and the house would be so empty without them.

You are doing well from the Nerve ablation. I had at the same levels some months ago although I was awake for it. Sedation for the placings initially but awake to ensure the right nerves. Very painful experience. Unfortunately it was absolutely no benefit to me. Now thinking about surgery.

I hope this works for you - it's worth it if it does.
  • Sorry to hear about your little dog - I have two Cockers and the house would be so empty without them.

You are doing well from the Nerve ablation. I had at the same levels some months ago although I was awake for it. Sedation for the placings initially but awake to ensure the right nerves. Very painful experience. Unfortunately it was absolutely no benefit to me. Now thinking about surgery.

I hope this works for you - it's worth it if it does.
  • I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dog...take care
  • Thanks for all your thought about me and my dog. My back is a bit sore today but nothing too bad. My dogs Birthday was Fri. too which made things hard. Nerve ablation, one dog dead, brother at home lost. Both I bought at 8 weeks same litter. Very hard to deal with. Had to drive my dog that died 2 hours in the back seat to the cemetery and will have the burial on Mon. I had to do this although the cost is $$$$ Do not know how my dog is taking this. He is eating which is good. Looks at the door for his brother. THey went everywhere together. Ok have to stop. Again THANKS
  • ellin--how sad for you and your baby. I hope you heal well, and I hope you find comfort in knowing the family member you lost will always be in your heart. Take care of yourself. I hope knowing you have friends here is some comfort. God bless you!---Mazy
  • Thanks I have been cleaning house that I have not done in a while due to the pain I had been having. I know I need to take it easy. I just do not want to stop doing something because of the sad empty feeling I have with my dog. I am thinking of the putting him in the ground Mon. I took off from work on Thurs. and Fri I am going to work Mon. and than drive the 2 hours to the memorial service and I am thinking of the drive home and work the next day. I guess it is good to keep busy. I am so down. I see my other dog and only think about his brother and the should of could of starts up. Between the back and this the depression is their. I don't want to drag on here so, thanks again. I hope you all are feeling well.
  • for you. Losing a member of your family is so hard at anytime but I can just imagine with all the other stuff going on how it has been. please make sure that you give the brother extra attention and affection as I know that he is grieving also. I hope that the rhizotomy works well for you. It has really been a lifesaver in the past for me but I was also awake during procedure until pain was reproduced to ensure the correct nerve was burned. I have the deepest sympathy for you in your loss.
  • sorry to hear about your dog..we had to put our 11 year old minnie doxie to sleep last month...unexpectedly and it has been so sad, we got her as a puppy. Our other dog (like yours) has been a little lost, but is slowly getting better...he still looks at her bed and out the window looking for his friend. It helps to think of all the fun we had with her..she was a wonderful dog...I hope you start to feel better soon.
    ksben
  • Ellin, sorry about your dog. Our pets are very special to us, and losing one is very difficult.

I am happy that your ablation went well though. I hope your pain continues to abate, and you are back to being able to do everything you want.
  • Thank you :* I just got back from my 4 hour drive to put my dog to rest. My left side of my back hip, butt, is so sore? It is a much differnt ache than what I had before. Rather take this anyday. It must be the nerve dying. Well, thanks for the kind words. Must try to unwind. Blessing
  • Ellin, SO sorry about your dog. I Hope you are OK.
    I am going to end up having a the old nerve frying the facets procedure too. Not sure of the date yet. I had it in my neck once. It did help alot.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.