Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i need to vent!!!!!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all!
I've had a bad couple of days. I'm just starting my forth month of therapy from having a three levels fusion done.Its been up and down.I'm getting stronger and the balance issue is a lot better,but i'm still having a lot of pain :''( especially in my knees,they swell up and sometimes get red when i workout.At first i thought it was because of all the exercising i was doing,i was so sedantary before the operation.I did exercise but not like what i'm being asked to do now to improve.Anyways a couple of days ago i decided to go and try some accupuncture to see if it might help to relieve some of the pain issue,i had done a little bit through therapy before my surgery and it seemed to help some so i thought that an accupuncturist may help me even more.I figure what the heck give it a try.I got a really good recommendation through my therapy of this woman to see.So she tells me that i have arthritis in my shoulders,hands,knees,and feet.I knew that i had a lot of inflammation in my legs and my hands hurt when i type but i thought that was still coming from my neck.I had a doctors apt. today to check my thyroid just because its on the slow side and i had mentioned to my doctor about my knees hurting,wanting to get her opinion about it and she checked them out and said that it was arthritis that she could feel the bones rubbing against my knee caps. Just friggin wonderful as if it isn't hard enough to exercise now i have this issue to deal with as well. X( and of course i can't take any anti inflammatories yet so she said to take tylenol arthritis and ice as much as i can.Yippee sometimes it feels like i can't catch a break.I just want to quit all this exercising stuff its just way too hard!!!!!! :<
advertisement

Comments

• Like you I have arthritis in most of the joints. And occasionally it seems that they get together and gang up on me. Have had one of my knees replaced, both shoulders cleaned up (one is at the point of no return - needs replacing), both elbows and both wrists. Fingers look like something out of horror movie and feet - whole different world. Got the lower back fused this summer (L4-5-S1) and the neck is in a mess, but has to wait 2 years. My daughter needs a summer off from having to tend to me.

This is the best place I have found. We have all been there at one time or another and when the rest of the world seems to be tired of listening to us - we have each other.

Keep on with trying it all and see if you don't come out better. And keep posting.
  • Tammy,

I used to work for the coolest guy and there were many times I would come to work, open my email and the first thing from him would be a big WTFO.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I realized the genius of that simple statement. It wasn't until I thought I was done paying my dues to this spine/body pit that it rang true for me.

I was on a roll having had about 9 months of decent health, gotten back into shape and a simple twist of the knee brought it to a halt. I was devastated and wrote an email to my NS (one of my best friends) and the first thing I put on the message was WTFO. It was at that moment that I could finally appreciate how well that simple phrase applies to those of us who find our way to Spine Health.

It captures the feeling of total helplessness, total desperation, total exasperation and total confusion. It captures the feeling of wanting to curl up in a ball and give up at one moment and the feeling of wanting to scream at the universe the the next. It's "why me" on steroids with "this ain't fair" on the side.

I wish I could help you and the millions of others who now know the true meaning of WTFO. I wish there were a bit more fairness in this seemingly unfair world. All I know is that we are all challenged in our lives. The strangest part is that we are challenged so that others who might not be capable of handling the same situation, will never know the true meaning of WTFO.

Hang in there my friend,

"C"

• i know when i feel helpless that i can come on here and find someone to make me feel better! ;) yesterday i just wanted to give up on everything but today i feel like well if everyone else on here can keep going then so can i. thanks again friends! >:D<
  • I totally understand how you feel. It is ok to vent Lord knows I did last sunday on here and after a while it helped. Not to mention I watched some cheesy movies on Sci-Fi about some big ole crocodile/alligator that was eating people, in a sick twisted way watching that actually made me feel better too even though it was just a dumb movie.
  • ok I'll bite, what does it mean? :/
  • Imagine watching a military movie and the radio operator has to say "over" after every transmission so that the person on the other end knows that's the gist of the message.

So basically it stands for

What The Freak (insert your own choice word) "over"
  • Thanks for the info

dixiechick
    :D
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.