Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One for the nurses;)

froggyrn1ffroggyrn1 Posts: 90
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lighten and Brighten
A doctor dies and of course goes to hell.

The devil says you have a choice between spending eternity in one of the next 2 places...

Door #1: Medical Records, with the clerk chasing him to sign (and date and time!!) all his orders.
Door#2: The Emergency Department, everybody's a Code Blue.

So the doctor sees another door down the way with a doctor sitting in a chair at a desk with one nurse rubbing his shoulders and another bringing coffee, and he asks, "well what about that one??"

The devil replies, "Oh no, that's nurse's hell."

}:)
advertisement

Comments

• altho nurses only fully understand the sarcasm in it tho...LOL. :)

My family doesn't really get why I roll my eyes at ER, House and have to walk out of the room at the stupidity I see.

These shows depict docs performing nurse (MY) role for the past 20 years in ICU/ER, show nurses in outdated roles, or just plain ignore the fact nurses exist altogether.
    This just reinforce the 'doctor as God' complex IMO.

The health care team is made up of many other dedicated people and I am so tired of doctors being the only focus.

Med techs, nurse assistants, PT, OT, RT, LT, etc.

OK off my little soapbox (to great relief I'm sure)

Thanks FroggyRN1!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,721
    I guess that most of my life has been surrounded by nurses.
    My wife started out as a Respiratory Therapist, then years later got her Bachelor degree and carries the RPT, BSN title proudly.
    Needless to say that a good portion of our friends are in the medical field. Nurses from the ER, from Critical Care, to Operating room. Also in the group are a number of Doctors.
    So basically, me being the computer guy is sort of in the minority.
    Point I want to make is that overall I believe nurses in general are:

Overworked
    Not appreciated
    Do much more than what the guidelines state

I have total respect for nurses. Their overall caring nature and ability to work long hard hours, working with
    critical patients and such is very admirable.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com