Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

glad 2 find others who know what my family & i go thru

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
i'm 32 yrs old,married for 13yrs & have a 7yr old son. I got injured @ work Nov. 2003 & have had 5 back surgeries including 4 fusions, and none of them have helped. I feel like i'm losing my mind @ times and feel terrible when it comes to doing things with my family and i can't or have to stop because of my pain. I'm in pain managememt now & have been for three yrs in between surgeries and so far nothing has worked. Any ideas, ~PLEASE~ let me know. thanks & nice to hear from you all
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Shane,

Welcome to Spine Health. Sorry you've paid such major dues to get here, but you are here none-the-less and that's cool. This place has a bunch of great people with incredible experiences, strength and hope to share. We all understand what you are going through.

Of course the first things that come to mind are second and third opinions. Many surgeons get to a point that they have maxed out their ability to help someone and instead of referring them to a different surgeon for a fresh set of eyes, they ship them off to Pain Management. Now don't get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for Pain Management. They have saved my bacon.

I have gone through 7 lumbar surgeries and 3 cervical surgeries. I am happy to say (knock on wood) that my lower back and legs and feet feel great. However the topside is screwed and in May I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my c-spine. This has been a gift beyond all belief.

So my question to you, have any of your docs ever appraoched the subject of neurostimulators? I had been appraoched a year prior and I blew it off thinking I didn't need no stinking implant. Boy was I wrong!

I'd sit and chat longer, but it's after 10pm on this side of the International Date Line and I'm exhausted. nice to meet you Shane!

"C"
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. wow! you have certainly been through alot!! i hope you can find comfort here and perhaps that will help with your pain. please check out the different forums and make yourself at home. what type of pm are you having? please keep us informed of your progress! good luck and i really hope you have some pain relief soon! Jenny :)
  • Shane and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear that you have been through so much but you have definitely come to the right place for support and understanding. Our members are the best around and can relate on so many levels. I look forward to seeing more of your posts and if there is ever anything that I can do to help you out then please just let me know.....please continue to keep us posted as to how you are doing. Take care....Miki
  • thank you all, i already know that i will learn much needed advice and knowledge from you all. I hope too learn more at my next dr. visit(18th aug.) and have talked about stimulator and have never made a commitment to it just yet.
    I hope maybe this visit will be hopeful and will keep you
    all in prayer, thanks again.
advertisement