Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How long can you stay on WC????

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I was wondering how long can you stay on workers comp?

1 yr, 2 yrs how long? My starting of 2 years is coming up october 15th will they tell me no longer can I get benefits from wc?

Thanks,
Misty
advertisement

Comments

• Not sure to the answer to that question. Go to your states website and look it up. If you have a attorney involved call them and ask. I wouldn't call the work comp carrier as they may miss construe what you are asking. Also every time you speak with them the conversations are recorded as well. Typical until a doctor returns you to work they are going to pay. If the doctor returns you to light duty but your employer has no light duty work they will still be paying. However once the doctor qualifies you at MMI(there is nothing more they can do for you) then work comp will quit paying. But best advice is to get on your states website and make yourself very familiar with the laws of your state.
  • What is an MMI? I'm on light duty and is working but with few hours but I don't care I'm in so much pain when I'm at work I'd rather be at home.
  • MMI is maxium medical improvement which is when the doctor says there is nothing more we can do for your condition. You would never see this with private insurance. Also at this time the doctor or surgeon will give you a rating of what you have lost. I take that work comp is making the rest of your pay up while working light duty. How much longer do you feel the doctors are going to continue to treat .
  • I was just at my last month doctors visit and he told me that their is nothing else he could do for me but I'm in a great deal of pain so I was going to change doctors to keep my wc benefits. But I need a lawyer and a good one but don't know of any in my neck of the neighborhood.
  • I have been off work since 1/23/09, had discectomy on 2/28/09. Went to see surgeon and he is scheduling me for 3 epidural injactions cause I still have pain and leg and foot numbness. The surgeon mentioned fusion surgery. Now I get a letter from workers comp that they want me to see a doctor they picked. I have never been through this WC process and i'm wondering if this is normal. Can anyone give me any advice on this cause i am nervous about this WC doctor visit.

L4/L5 discectomy 7/05 complete success left side
    L5/S1 discectomy 2/09 no pain releif at all

• I have heard of people on WC for over 20 years!
    Lawyers can keep your timeloss coming, if it is a concern. My concern is to be released, so I can get some real treatment. WC seems to really deny, delay, and distract!!! If I had not been at work, I would be back at work. My doctorssssssssssssss really seem adept at stringing along the claim. Been three years, now.
    What neck 'o' the woods are you in?
    Good luck!
advertisement