Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

arm isnt right

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hello all, i had a c6-c7 anterial discectomy on the 12th of this month (2 days ago). i just got home from the hospital last night. before the surgery i had no feeling in my right hand and couldnt use mt tricep at all becuase of the pain. My shoulder felt like it was dislocated and had had general pain going from shoulder to wrist. i was hoping that surgery would relieve tall this. since i have woken up from surgery i have had the normal stuff like golf ball in the throat, pain at incision area and so on. i can deal with that stuff as it is normal. what i am worried about is that i still am numb at my fin gers and cant use my tricep. when i lift my arm i get a sharp terrible pain in my deltoid. so it seems like nothing has been fixxed. is this normal. am i complaining to early? do i need to just take my pills and shut up? or could there be permenant damage? any info would be great. thanks in advance.
advertisement

Comments

• Jay , you are so early out of surgery that you should really give it a little more time. However , if you are concerned then by all means call your doctor. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and take care.....Miki