Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What a great site! So glad to meet you all!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm recently diagnosed, see below for details, and I can finally get up in the morning without agony, like I'm being stabbed in the back and leg with a broken bottle. The only pain worse in my life was after the saddle block wore off waiting for demerol (sp) after the birth of my 10lb 13 oz son. The second of 4.

Sorry to sound like a baby, but finally my family, all 5 of them, are getting a rude awaking, and are having to pick up the slack.

It's really rather liberating to just stand back and let everyone take care of me. The first time in the 29 years of marriage......

I am blessed that there is no tumor and no cancer, and I am thankful for that.

Any insight into cortizone injections is appreciated. Is that the same as an epidural nerve block. My pain management doctor did not mention that phrase.

Thanks and regards.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine health,you should read some of the threads in the spinal injections section....
  • Some get relief from the steroid injections and some do not. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones that do. Please be grateful that your family is so supportive I have seen many here that do not get the support from family at all. Please check out the spinal injections topic as bigcat suggested. Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. check out "Treatments" at the top of the page for a better explanation of your procedure. good luck and let us know of your progress. Jenny :)
  • Welcome sailor to SH. Glad you found us. Hope you find as much support here as I have.
  • welcome to Spine Health :)

Christina
  • sailor- welcome to site. I see that you mention cortisone shots next week. I would find out the exact procedures name so you can look it up here. There are different types of injections and it would help you to know more about it in advance.. :))) jade
  • I appreciate everyone's advice. I will definitely look at the sites and threads suggested by you all.

Paulgla, the neurontin does bring me relief. But it does not last very long and I look forward to taking it on time. I'm glad it's not an opiate, but I know that brings deserved relief to many. My script for neurontin is for 3x/day, so it's hard to cover the morning wakeup, which is excruciatingly painful. So my husband gets me the pill and a glass of water before I get up. I wait at least 1/2 an hour.

I'll post after Monday's injection to report how that went. I'll start a thread somewhere else for that.

Be well,
advertisement