Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 32

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hello everyone and a special hello to our new member everhopeful,you are very welcome to join are gang and hopefully get the support and freindship you need here,im sure you will

Well ive been to london although i only saw the hospital and hotel most off the time lol( i was caring for my sister who had breast augmention as her breasts had not developed when she was a teenager)she did really great and had very little discomfort,as for me a lived on sandwiches but did manage to walk from the hotel to the hospital which was about 2 miles a few times.

Dispite eating sandwiches for dinner every night i lost 1 pound this week which im really grateful for, hopefully the walking made up for the bread. can t believe ive lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks i could not have done it without you guys so a big thank you for all your support (gosh i feel like im at the oscars lol) hope you all had a good result,and remember whatever the results tomorrow is a new day
advertisement

Comments

• Time for me to join this corner. How do i join? Just pop in and say hi like this?
  • popping in and saying hi is just fine,we weigh in every sunday,but i find popping in daily helps me to on track.We give each other support and sometimes just for a chat or any tips weve picked up.So please feel free to join us you will be very welcome
  • Well I hate to admit that I gained a pound! I was really good all week until yesterday, I had a surprise birthday party for my mother who turned 70. It was a blast and I saw so many people that I haven't seen in years! That lb was worth it. I will just have to work harder this week. I just finished watching Joel Olstein, he makes me feel better about everything...Now I am getting ready to go to work. Thanks for welcoming me so warmly. I will check in with you later.

Laura
  • :) A pound is a pound Benji. good work! <:P that is what i lost this week as well! that is 148 and 20 more pounds to go. as my husband pointed out, in 10 weeks that is 10 pounds! :O i don't know how much insight that took but it made me feel better for some reason! lol! everhopeful, you checked in despite a loss and i would give you a pound for that if i could! how often do we get a chance to celebrate with our mom's anyway? this is the start of a new week and a new chance to lose. i look forward to hearing your voice this week! Jenny :)
  • :H Ewaight, hi and please join us! today is weigh in day so this is a great starting day! pick a food plan for yourself and then a form of exercise! we check in with each other during the week or you can just use weigh in day. join us as we try together to take off some pounds! Jenny :)
  • Welcome Ewaight, don't worry Laura and well done to Ben and Jenny.

I stayed the same. I took hubby out for his birthday dinner, of course we had to do the Gourmand Menu (I lost count of how many courses). Well it would have been rude not to as someone had worked hard all morning preparing it!!

See you all next week

Sandra
  • :) glad to hear from you doof! are we still up for the 1 pound goal loss next week? :? i am still game to try! Jenny
  • Nope, I'm a greedy guts and I'm going for 2 lbs!!
  • Okay, after reading all of the positive and sometimes funny chatter, I am ready to crawl (not up to jumping yet :D ) on the bandwagon. I will shoot for one less pound this week. Good luck to everybody this week. Sandi
  • 1 lb this week, which was my goal. I think I will join doof up the ante to 2 lbs. next week!
  • well done jenny and aimless, doof now were both the same weight i know you ll be aiming to get 1 more pound off then me lol,il b happy with a 1 pound loss next week.im going 2 a bbq on friday(no more red wine though even the smell still brings horrible memories of the bottom of the toilet bowl lol)so ill try and up the walking this week this week so i can enjoy the food
  • forgot to welcome you sandi(il blame the meds lol) looking forward to finding out abit more about you
  • :) Sandi, come on and join us!!we get together during the week if you want the support. we try and pick one or two interesting topics a week and tips that might help are all around. pick a food plan, choose an exercise you can do or are hoping to do and you are ready to go. have a good week and join us! Jenny :)
  • lots of new members here to witness my disgrace. Jenny and Elaine, I found that 2 pounds that you two lost! I am disgusted with myself. I know that the Cymbalta is doing this to me and wished I would have realized before my last visit to the doc. I am not scheduled to see him for two months but I may get in earlier in order to get off the Cymbalta. I am so glad to see the rest of you doing well and I too will aim for 1 lb this week. Good luck to all and I will check back in.
    Oh yeah and welcome to all of the newbies. We love to have new people join because that means that we will all have more support here. And remember whether a gain or loss try and still keep checking in. We all try and encourage each other no matter what.
  • I'm on Cymbalta too, dont feel alone. Anywhoooooo, I stayed the same this week. I figured I'd gain so staying the same isnt too bad. I had a big weekend. I'll shoot for a pound next week as well.
    Everyone is doing so good lately >:D<

Christina :)
  • how long have you been on cymbalta? does it make you sleep almost around the clock?
  • :) Christina, you held your own!! =D> good for you! a new week and a new opportunity! Jenny :)
  • pain in the back and christina i know you can do it,as jenny says there has been weeks we have put on weight,its very hard with the amount of meds we take but it can be done.it takes time to find out what works for you and for me bread is my downfall i accept that and sometines i have a bad week and just have to eat it but as along as you can start again i know il get there in there end as will you both
  • im feeling sorry for myself,hubbys in bed with a chest infection,and i think i have an tooth abcess the dentist has left me an antibiotic as they are really busy anc can t give me an appointment, i don t know whats worse toothache,backache or a hubby who can t cope with being poorly lol,its as well i have a sense of humour
  • benji,atleast overeating won't be a problem right now! lol! oh! i actually feel bad myself just listening to what is going on over there! yikes! ~X( benji you have your hands full! :''( i hope you are all feeling better soon! Jenny :)
  • painintheback, benji and i know exactly how you two are feeling! we have battled Lyrica for months and have just now found how to win the battle. you will too. the pounds will start to go. good luck this week! Jenny :)
  • thanks jenny hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon,theres always something lol,can t console myself with ice cream either lol
  • for about a year and a half now. It doesnt really make me tired at all. My husand doesnt want me to stop taking it because he says the couple times ve run out of it for a couple days Ive gotten very depressed. I think that was just a coincidence. I was put on them because I was having anxiety atacks.

Christina :)
  • There is no pain worse than an abcess tooth! I actually have two of them but the Cymbalta stopped the pain. Did not do a darn thing for back or leg but works wonders for the teeth! I am trying to hold out til January because my dental insurance is maxed out for this year. That is one reason that I continue with the Cymbalta. It just makes me sleep and eat and I can't stand that part of it.
    Elaine, Good luck with your tooth and with hubby. One thing I can not take is a bad toothache so I really feel for you.
  • thanks painintheback,its alitlle bit easier today think the antibiotics help,don t know how u put up with 2 abcesses.
    Hows everyone doing this week,its been rain rain rain in ireland ,theres been alot of flooding so i haven t been out walking this week at all hopefully it l dry up soon or im just gonna have to get wet lol,so much for summer eh
  • for the warm welcome guys. My goal this week is to not gain. I am back on a very small dose of the chantix to get of the cigs for the 50th time. Trying not to turn to food.
    My downfall is red wine. I don't do well with meds so that is how I handle my pain. A glass of wine after work just makes the stress go away. Then another will fixing dinner.

I was on Cymbalta for the last 3 months and have just gone off. I feel much better without it and am getting out of bed in the AM much easier. Actually, I don't seem to be able to stay in bed much which is probably just as bad.

Pain, I do not know what dose you are on but maybe your Doc could phone in a reduced amount and save you a visit?

I decided that I wanted to quit taking the Cymbalta so my doc phoned in a scrip for one week of 20mg. I had been on 40mg.
  • the rain has stopped atlast managed to get out for a 30 min walk though i ve a feeling the bread might catch up with me on sunday hopefully i ve time to walk it off before sunday
    saw this recipe and though some of you might like it
    GRILLED PORK STEAKS QWITH PLUM AND MANGO SALSA
    SERVES 4
    4X 159G LEAN PORK LION STEAKS

FRY LIGHT OIL SPRAY
    SALT AND PEEPER

FOR THE SALSA
    4 RIPE PLUMS STONED DICED AND CUT INTO SMALL PIECES
    2 RIPE MANGOS PEELED STONED AND DICED
    1 RED PEPPER,DESEEDED AND CUT INTO PIECES
    JUICE OF 1 LIME
    SMALL HANDFUL OF CHOPPED MINT AND PARSLEY

1) LIGHTLY SPRAY PORK WITH FRY LIGHT SPRAY AND SEASON.PLACE UNDER A HOT GRILL AND COOK FOR 5-6 MINS ON EACH SIDE,OR UNTIL PORK IS COOKED THROUGH
    2) MEANWHILE COMBINE ALL THE SALSA INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL SEASON WELL AND SET ASIDE
    3) WHEN READY TO EAT ,PLACE THE PORK ON A WARMED PLATES AND SERVE WITH THE SALSA
    SAW THIS IN A SLIMMING MAG AND THOUGHT IT SOUND NICE ILL BE TRYING IN A DAY OR 2
  • Ewaight,:) good morning! you have some medication problems but don't let that stop you here. we have found that maintaining is so important because we do have medical issues. the inability to exercise because of pain and medication problems may mean a a reduction in your food plan and then letting your bodies run its' course. not much we can do about some things!! drink plenty of water though. without smoking your body might be needing more water now. even fresh air has to be good for your lungs. congratulations on that accomplishment. <:P i wish you all the best and let us support you as you stop smoking as well. what a good idea to seek a doctor's advice.let us talk about pain as well.!! have a good week and check in any time!!!! Jenny :)
  • :) good morning everyone, who else likes to eat? ;) i know as hard as it is to admit there are some good low-cal recipes and that includes snacks!! anyone have a favorite to share? here in California we have plenty of fresh fruit and the mangoes salsa sounded tasty benji! that could be used on any meat, even fish. ok! come on and let's hear one. what a good way to start the week, with some food! =D> Jenny :)
  • i love prawns in chilli and garlic,i also love brie and a glass of shiraz but its aso fattening i don t have very often oh im torturing myself just thinking off it lol,think ill go have a long bath to keep myself from snacking
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.