Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mattress Toppers?

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I think I remember a discussion not too long ago here about mattress toppers but couldn't find it. Can anyone share what kind they think is best and what are the prices I could expect?
advertisement

Comments

• I have a 4" deep memory foam topper. If you shop around there are some good prices around. Personally I would go for the deepest topper you can afford because it's such a wonderful feeling lying on the foam that I simply couldn't be without mine now. I also have a contoured memory foam pillow which is a more recent addition. I love that too :) I'm in the UK so I can't advise on suppliers if you are in the US but I have heard that overstock.com do some good prices? I know someone who got one from there and is happy with it.

Good luck! Spicey
  • My doctor recommended me get one because I was having trouble sleeping after surgery. He actually suggested going to Overstock.com and told me make sure to get at least 2 inch.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Hi Joy,
    I have a 3 inch Nuvo mattress topper, I'm not sure of the spelling but it conforms to your body. Made by sleep innovations. I bought it at costco for about 140.00 and I love it!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I got mine on overstock.com for like $63.00 including shipping. I only got the 2" - it rocks and I LOVE it! =D>
  • I can definitely recommend the memory foam topper. When I came home from the hospital over 3 months ago, the first night was very uncomfortable on my very good but firm mattress. Then my husband bought a a high quality 3'' memory foam with a special cover, that I am still using and it is wonderful, like sleeping on a cloud. That one was quite expensive, just under $200 at Bed, Bath & Beyond (but we had a 20% off coupon so it cost less). Just recently I went up to the mountains, and we bought for the trip a cheap ($18) 1 1/2" topper at Target. It was fine for the short trip, but I am glad I had the thicker one at first.

Kin
  • To those that have one. Would I need to get a bottom sheet that is made for an extra thick mattress then? Right now the two sheet sets that I have fit very snug on my mattress. If I got a memory foam topper wouldn't I need an extra deep bottom sheet then?
  • I got a bottom sheet for my king bed that fits it nicely at Walmart for $14 but I have a King size so I am sure you can find what ever size you need. The one i bought has elastic all the way across the bottom and says on the package deep pocket sheets. Hope this helps.
  • Im thinking about getting a topper, our mattress doesn't seem to be as comfy as it was a year ago,when my dad was sick and in bed alot not moving around to good, we bought him a 3inch topper, we just got the twin size one (alot cheaper) mom said she didn't need it on her side, dad is gone now and mom uses it every night and cant believe the difference it makes.
    i do see sheets with deep corner pockets everywhere, i even accidentally bought them about a year ago when we got are new bed,I'll be able to use them now when i get a topper. have a good day
  • Im thinking about getting a topper, our mattress doesn't seem to be as comfy as it was a year ago,when my dad was sick and in bed alot not moving around to good, we bought him a 3inch topper, we just got the twin size one (alot cheaper) mom said she didn't need it on her side, dad is gone now and mom uses it every night and cant believe the difference it makes.
    i do see sheets with deep corner pockets everywhere, i even accidentally bought them about a year ago when we got are new bed,I'll be able to use them now when i get a topper. have a good day
  • sorry about the double post,im still learning
  • My king size fitted bottom sheets work well with the memory foam (I only have a twin size on my side of the bed) but if you have a bottom sheet that shrunk and barely fits, you may have some problems. But the newer sheets are made for the thicker mattresses so there should be OK.

Kin
advertisement