Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi! I'm new, confused and affected

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
:H
The irony of being able to get support from an online community for me is that my discs in my neck are going. Which of course means that I can't use my hands.
So please excuse me if it takes me forever to reply.
I am so glad to see that I am not alone in this and yet so sad to see that others are going through similar pain.
I live on a hobby farm out in the boonies and have or had a very complicated active life. I suppose we will get to know eachother through posts because I am sure that I can't fit it all in here lol. ;)
I have had my first surgery, a C-5&6 anterial fusion done with a piece of bone out of my hip. :?
Of course I will have to have more but for now I have to deal with the permanent damage.
I can't get proper pain medication as of yet because I never had a family doctor and so no new one will prescribe such things.
I am quite alone all the time and have no support. My current husband is a trucker. nuf said....lol.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting and greeting all!!
>:D<
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry about the limited use of your hands. if nothing, it would be great to be able to communicate through your computor whenever you wanted. pain can be such a destructive force! i am interested in your isolated lifestyle. i am looking for property in the White Mountains of Arizona and hope to leave the city behind. never the internet though! lol! i am sorry to hear you are not getting adequate pain medications. they can often make life better. good luck and please keep us informed of any progress. Jenny :)
  • Hi I have been reading around on the internet (and this site) for months now trying to find article about adults who have had scoliosis surgery in the past and are now being faced with new back surgerys. How do they do it with so much metal already in your back? What are the risks? How is the healing when we arent 13 anymore? This is the closest thing I could find to what I am going thru until I go to the doctor. Thanks for being here.
    Melissa
  • Yes, I understand the life of a trucker as my sister and brother in law are team drivers and my step dad is a solo. You must be terribly lonely. Do you have anyone at all to help you when hubby is otr? I am so glad that you found us as our community is very friendly and supportive of each other. I know that you will make lots of friends here and will not be lonely anymore. Please post when you can and we will look forward to hearing from you.
  • to SH. Glad you found us. How long since your surgery? Your surgeon cannot help with the pain? Sorry you are going through this but hang in there and keep us updated.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    ">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message

________________________________________________________________________________
    Sorry to hear about your cervical problems. What other discs are you having problems with?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement