Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another Update - Possible Additional Problems

dharvellddharvell Posts: 98
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I visited my PCP, today. For those of you who didn't hear, I actually took a VIDEO of some tremors I had in my left leg on Friday, August 15.

What happened with the tremors - my wife called the family for dinner. I stood up and started walking, shifting my weight to my left leg. When I did, I fell right to the floor with no strength in my leg. I sat back on the couch and observed that my left leg was trembling. I grabbed my point and shoot camera (which also has video recording ability) and took a video of the tremors.

Upon reviewing the video, my doctor said, "Hmmm... Well, we're going to see what we can do to take care of your neck issues. But, when we are successful with that, we're going to have to take a look at your lower back. These symptoms are more in line with lower back problems - not neck."

Sounds like I am having problems with the top and bottom of my spine. What looked like a long road to begin with suddenly looks a LOT longer...

Dan
advertisement

Comments

• Your PCP wants do something. Bout flippin time!!! I am just so sorry that you are going through all of this and that you had to actually video this to get something done!!!
  • Don't rule out the neck being the cause of the tremors just yet. Since your doc is just a PCP he may think it's a separate issue when it may not be. Wait until you have a neurosurgeon evaluate it before you go worrying about your lower back too.

Just my opinion

Many people on this forum, one of them Moderator Paul http://www.spine-health.com/user/paulgla will tell you that problems with weakness and tremors in your legs CAN stem from a c-spine problem.

My SCS although in my neck stims my butt, legs and feet.

"C"
  • HAGLANDC - Interesting that C-spine issues can affect legs, as well. That actually gives me hope. If they can fix my neck, maybe everything else will just fall into line. I would be a very happy camper, if that were the case.

Still no word when my appointment at U of M will be, but that will be the big milestone for this whole problem. I hear very positive things when it comes to the people at U of M!

TERRI72 - That's for sure! My PCP was very shocked that I brought my notebook to the appointment. I told him that I was sick and tired of trying to EXPLAIN symptoms to people. I figured it would be easier to SHOW the symptoms. I think viewing the video actually made it sink in that HEY... THERE REALLY IS A PROBLEM! :O
  • I say a top NW neuro-surgeon in April for neuro exam, which showed right leg weakness, as well as a lot of other symptoms. The neuero ordered MRI's with and w/o contrast on cervical and Thoracic. NOT lumbar. I asked why, and he told me what level the spinal cord problems are at, ie my C5-6 disectomy and fusion, was where he would start looking for problems. The MRI's showed the C4-5 now buldging, along with hemangioma at T8, buldging T8-9. Cervical central and foraminal stenosis. To this date he will not order a lumbar MRI. My PCP wants to do one, but insurancw won't approve, guess they think the neuro tops the pcp. Good luck and hope you hear about your appt soon. Hope you have a pain free night.....
  • Dan,
    I have to agree with Paul, the issues that I am having in my legs are being caused by the damage to my spinal cord. I have always had restless legs syndrome, but since my surgery, things have gotten worse,due to nerve damage , not the surgery, my NS thinks that it could be the nerves are trying to fix themselves. We are taking a wait and see with this as I am only 5 months out from my last surgery. They , NS and OS, say that things could take up to three years to fix, but then again they may not. Things are not getting worse, just staying the same. Glad that you are finally getting the care you need.

mark
  • NEW UPDATE:

I received a call from my PCP office saying that the referral to University of Michigan will NOT happen. The reason? They do not accept my insurance.

Now, it is up to me to find a NS that accepts my insurance. So far, I can only find one in the ENTIRE STATE that does - and they are 4 hours away from me. I'm to the point to where I will make the trip. I'm worth it, darn it!!! :)

Also, I have a meeting with a representative of the state of Michigan Human Services Department. We're going to get me on the Michigan Rehabilitation Services program. Usually, they try to FIND a career for you that you can do with your disability. Where I can benefit from this is that they examine whether self-employment is right for the client. I am trying to start a photography business, as this seems to be the only thing I can do that I enjoy. They will help their clients (me!) to get the business started. All I need help with is marketing, so if they can help me figure out how to do that, then I'm set. Self-employment is perfect, because I can set my own hours. I can guarantee that if I worked for somebody else, I would be fired in the first week. There are several days that I have trouble getting out of bed, due to severe pain. If I can schedule my photography clients for afternoon sessions, I'm good to go! :)

I know there has to be a silver lining in this cloud, somewhere. Perhaps starting my own business is that silver I'm looking for. But, for now, I need to find something for the pain and the involuntary movements and twitches...

More to come as it happens.
advertisement