Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

You know all the B.S meds out there heres one that really helps.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
I am not sure if you chronic painers i call US. Well theres an herbal medicine that when taking after the first week or 2. It allows you to take 1-2 of your dosing instead of maybe 5 or 6 a day well after continuing with this medicine after a week or two you can take just 1 or 2 a day to reach the same as 5 or 6 would do previously. The medicine is called DLPA DL-Phenylalanine, i got a great site to buy them 300 500mg capsules for only 20 bucks. I have been taking it and it makes me so energetic and feeling great ive never had anything like it. Ive been basically a lab rat to off narcotic drugs from my fam doc. Check with your doctor first but to me this really really helps me cope w/ everyday.
advertisement

Comments

• The problem with Herbal medications, is that they can interact with many other meds that we may be on. I used to take prescribed herbal medications, however they interact with one of my ant-spasmotic meds.

So you are 100% correct, if you are going to take any herbal meds, check with your doc first!!!

"C"
  • You are so correct that you should check with your doctor first. Many herbal medications may do more harm for fusions patients. Here in the US the FDA does not govern those so the ingredient labels may not be true. Glad to hear that it has relived your chronic pain though.
  • Absolutely guys, i have found that dealing with chronic pain and no medicine, it works like heavon. It increases dopamines the feel good natural part of your body. Which makes your crap days a little bit better and thats huge. Just as long as you check with your doc. first its as simple as calling they know what it is.
  • the website you got them from? I see my NS on Friday and will ask him about this herbal sup. Thank you for posting this and I am glad that it works for you. Hopefully if my NS says it is fine that I take it then it will work for me. Thanx again Mel
  • I read up to the DISNEY dot COM and said "what?" and clicked on it. Sure enough, it was the Disney website. I was wondering when Disney got in the medicinal business, then thought "well, maybe the good-naturedness of the films is what makes us feel good inside?"
    THEN, I saw where you indicated no advertising is allowed. Then it all made sense... sorta.

Thanks for waking me up!

jeaux
    :O
  • I'm willing to try anything that is legal. Problem is, my doc's are so unsupportive that I know they will scoff at me for just trying to bring this up. Would my pahrmicist be able to give me the same advice? I get all of my prescriptions from the same place so they can see exactly what I am on. Also, can you buy this in a store or do you have to get it from the web? Thanks for the tip!
  • there are reasons why herb meds are not approved by the fda. they have not been tested scientifically. i do not understand the mania that people have for herb meds. and medicine. 95% of drs do not approve for that reason. no they do not want a market monopoly on meds. they are trying to keep us safe. they work on the placebo method. if you think they work, your mind says they do. unfortunately, your body doesn't. they can be dangerous.. why do people take herbs without being tested? why are people against western meds? i get the same b.s. when people ask me if i have tried alternative methods for back problems. a chiropractor will always say your back is un alligned and you need to have it realligned. give me western medicine that has been scientifically tested anytime. if people want to risk problems with their bodies let them. a guy i worked with used herbs for pneumonia because a herb dr told him to. he almost died and had to go the the hospital to get his life saved
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • I second that! I want treatment that has been PROVEN to be affective.

Excellent statements!

Jeaux
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.