Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

20 month fusion status...life is goooood

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
It’s been a long time since I have been on this forum...matter a fact I had to create a new log in. Anyway the new bright site looks good.

My 10 month update.....I am hiking, exercising and really enjoying life. I have to stretch more than I use to and sometimes my muscles get sore in my back however no more pain anywhere. I am completely fused and hardware is in tact. My big goal is to snow ski this winter.

If any of you live in the Richmond Virginia area and need a good back doctor just email me. All my office visits sitting in the waiting room I only hear success stories from this man.

I hope much success to all who had and will have surgery.
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Stef
    That is so great to hear. Thanks for coming back and sharing your success with us! SNOW SKIING!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Blessings Sara
  • Hey Stef,

I'm glad that everything is working out for you. You'll be skiing before you know it.

Dave
  • =D> =D> =D>

They don'y have bubbles and a whey hey icon!

Well done and keep it up...but don't get cocky!
  • Thanks so much for sharing. Glad to hear a good success story.
  • Thank you so very much everyone.

Is this the same Dave who walked me through my surgery and gave me so much support?
  • Great to hear of your success! It's stories like yours that really give me hope. Sue
  • Stef -

It is great to hear that you are doing so well. Thanks for all of the insight you gave me months ago in looking for help for my husband.

Keep up the stretching and enjoy the snow skiing!!

Terri
  • Thanks so much for dropping in and sharing your success story with us. I love hearing the good stuff, especially as I'm due to have a fusion myself next month sometime and I'm scared to death about it!

I hope to be able to ski again one day too, so you are an inspiration to me. Take care and keep in touch! Hugs, Spicey :)
  • That's great Stef...glad you are doing so well!!!!

I'm having surgery myself soon. May I ask you if you had surgery from the front or back?

Thanks and good luck skiing!!
    Kristie
  • Great news and before you know it you will be back on the slopes. Take care
  • Tamtam, cool one of the old timers still on here...sweet....Kristie good things happen from the back..opps...Spicy in the UK I hope you ski one day too....Terri yes I remember our conversations lord be girl 3/31/08 o man....Yvonne and Sue thank you.

Yep this is the site that was part of my life line for a few months after surgery. It's like typing to your family you get rid of angry thoughts and feelings, you get more support than you could have ever wished for, you obtain tons of education and if you close your eyes you can see some of the most caring people on here giving you big hugs and pats on the back. Where else can you go and talk to others just as high as you right after surgery. I can't fathom what I posted from 10/08 to 12/08. I will forever be grateful for spine-health.
  • Wonderwoman!
    Awesome that you are feeling good.
    I too am headed to the snow in January, but am so scared of falling on the back bumper.
    All of Lake Tahoe will be laughing at the guy with 2 pillows fastened to his backside. :))(
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Well for sure I will be going during the week down the bunny slope. I like the pillow idea. Woooo Hooo heres to us sking.

Cheers my friend
    Stef

Fusion L5-S1 last October
  • congrats! keep up the good work

Christina :)
  • The Dave from last summer??????
  • Well I did it I went sking this past winter several times and I am back to my work out routine. Life is real good and I am thankful. Just thought I would post I made my goal. Haven't been on here in a long time I hope anyone who is about to have surgery will do well and back to a painfree life.

Regards,
    Stef
  • I am so happy for you!
  • Stef -

Your success is such wonderful news. Enjoy life.

Be well, Terri

• Wow, that is great news! I am so glad to hear that a fusion can make you pain free. Here's hoping I feel as good as you at 10 months.

Congratulations!!!!!!
  • Yes, it is another one of the oldies and I am so glad you are doing well. My problem turned out to be peripheral nerve issues in my legs probably caused from lack of movement because of all my back surgeries. Sugar then settled in the peripheral nerves and caused some of my pain and numbing in my foot. I am recovering from my second peripheral nerve surgery. After 2 1/2 years I have regained movement and feeling due to these surgeries. A true blessing. Time will tell what all I get back. But my back is fine.
    I am so glad you have healed and are building a new life again. So glad to see your name on here and I saw Eve mention you were in chat. I will look for you.
    Congrats on skiing and everything else that is better with your life. Keep it going. A lot was said during our healing time on this site. Thank goodness we had each other and others. Take care Stef,
    Hugs,
    Julie
  • I remember you keeping us all connected a few years back wow such a long time ago. I am so glad to read you are doing better but ouch having any kind of surgery around nerves well that just sounds like lots of pain for a long time. Boy you got that right this site got me through one of the hardest times in my life I am sure you agree. I found Daves blog and just wanted to cry for him. I almost feel bad about posting my good outcome. Hope to catch you in chat.

Yea I caught Eve and Ernurse in chat we had a good time talking, I laughed until I had tears. I remember the nights on this thing taking drugs and trying to type some times I had no clue what I wrote. I would get my feeling hurt on here and cry then the next morning I would reread my junk and be so embarrased. O well tis funny now.

Ahh Taresky cool picture is it you, I hope you heal solid and without to many set backs. I had a few setbacks in the first year with the nerves trying to get all adjusted. Blessings to ya

Terri above in the post is this the Terri that had wrist surgery also?
  • Of trying to type right after surgery. We all did it while on the medications and we all laughed until we hurt at others trying to do the same. I believe the Terri you are referring to is TerriJV and she still comes on once in a while.
    Well the best part of these nerve surgeries is the fact that my numb and painful foot did not come from my back surgeries, only happened to come about at the same time, kind of like the straw that broke the camel's back.
    The technology is cutting edge (heehee) and it is decompressing nerve space that have been closed off because of sugar deposits in my legs. No I do not have diabetes but I guess I am getting close unless I can get my foot in a condition that allows me to walk and exercise. I had it done in Baltimore. I am getting feeling back after 2 and 1/2 years of not feeling anything. My PCP said today as he took out stitches it is really a miracle. I said wait until I get all the feeling back then it will be the miracle I have been waiting for.
    I am so glad to talk with you again and see an oldie return. :)
    Hugs,
    julie
  • Julie let me know when you are in chat. Give me a couple dates and times to check in so we can hook up. :)
  • Stef!

Excellent news that you are recovering so well! Keep up the great work and keep us all posted about how the snow skiing goes. I would love to go snow skiing, but there just aint any snow at the equator.

Cheers, Bruce.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

advertisement