Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctor put me on new meds

4jkasper44jkasper Posts: 231
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello everyone,
I went to the Doctor yesterday and spoke with her about my pain. I have only been on hydro's and let her know this is just not working anymore. We are going to try Percocet, soma, and nurotin. I was just wanting some input from you guys if you've tried these. I haven't tried much because I have 2 younger children and don't want to seem "out of it" all of the time. But, after months of pain I can no longer take it. My last surgery was 3-2008 and I haven't been on much pain meds, just because Iam afraid of the effects.But, I finally can't take it anymore.....
It is frustrating me that I need to even be in this situation. :''(
advertisement

Comments

• :H
    Just thought i'd praise your nice photo - before your problems?

Not sure what the answer is to the meds - I don't see it as living being zonked out or spaced out nor is it living being in agony.

So, we'll have to find the answers together!
  • I haven't taken percocet but I know many on here do. Soma may make you a little sleepy, so you'll want to make sure that you have someone available to watch the kids until you get used to taking it. With the neurontin you start out slow enough that you should be okay. But everyone reacts differently. Wish I had a better answer for you. Good luck.
    Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Thank You for the nice compliment on my picture, yes it is before all of my problems and that is my wonderful husband. I thank God for him every day....
  • Very close to the combo i take. The soma will make you a bit tired as cindy said. I would take it at night until your body gets used to it. The nuerotin is a tough one as i had taken it for a couple years and was up to 2400 mg a day and out of the blue the side effects just became to much. As a alternate nerve med it has been replaced with cymbalta and not having any problems with that but that as well took sometime to get used to. The percocet i have had off and on for almost three years and lately more on than off. Watch the caffenine with the percocet a couple glasses of tea and your flying as if you have had way to much coffee. I would introduce each med at different times and spread the introduction to your body apart. The reason i say that is if you have a problem you will know which one is the culprit. I would also make nuerotin a night time med till you get used to it.
  • I really do appreciate your guys input, Iam alittle nervous about starting the meds. I have just never been much of a pill person,but, it just isn't working anymore being in this much pain. I'll try one at a time, sounds like a good plan. Thank you
advertisement