Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anybody have this?

dgardineerddgardineer Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all i've had 2 L-5 S-1 micro's and recentlly reherniated the disc and I was wandering if anybody else has extreme preassure and pain in the lower back,and how you deal with it vicodin doesn't take it away. thanks
advertisement

Comments

• Hi
    Yes to the pressure, never really sure what it is. I have to curl up in a ball, nothing else helps, that doesn't really either but it seems to relieve the pressure.
  • I had a triple laminectomy/decompression at L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 last November and recently reherniated two discs. And, no, no pain meds that I have--darvocet and vicodin--touch my pain either. I guess the pressure and pain in the low back comes from the new herniations. I don't know about you but I have no plans for surgery any time soon 'cause the last one was }:) I have found that a combination of 10 mg Valium for muscle spasm has relieved some "pressure" but ice, ice and more ice has been the only thing to touch the pain--but I keep taking my pain meds anyway 'cause I can't imagine how bad it would be without them! I am seriously considering emailing my ortho and asking for a refill of my Lyrica 75mg 2x/day to help with the nerve pain. That's an idea if you haven't tried it--works for me! :S

I'm so glad you sought help here. We spineys have to stick together!

Hang in there!
  • I have to lay down most of the day to avoid any unnecessary pain. With that said, laying down all day really sucks :<
  • Stretching is what helps relieve it for me. Drawing the knees up to the chest but more so doing a good piriformis stretch. That's the only way I found to relieve that pressure.

"C"
  • I actually had a failed MicroD back in Dec 07 and the pain that I have been in is excruciating at times. The things that really do help me is I went to an orthotics place and got fitted for a really good lumbosacral back brace and I am on methadone which is a very loooooong acting opiate. Most of the times these things help but I do have a really bad week about once every six to 8 weeks or so. But, it is the best relief that I have found so far. I am not willing to have anymore surgery that could make you better, could make you worse anytime soon. I think that I would have to be unable to walk at all before I would even consider it. My microD was supposed to be an easy fix to my pain and actually I have never felt pain as bad as it has been since the surgery!
  • Hi, I am in a similar situation (discectomy L5-S1 and reherniated). I have low back pain, I do ice my low back and I have a series of PT stretches. I take Tramadol + naproxin if needed, but mostly I just sort of ignore it (in my case, it can't compete with the nerve pain in my leg). If the pain is bad enough, and can't be controlled with meds, you may be a good candidate for surgery. Sounds like you will be speaking with your surgeon about that. Best of luck.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.