Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, newbie and frightened.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Hi everyone. I've been reading the forum for several days and I'm amazed at all of the info. here! Finally a place where I have something in common with others who understand! :))) Looking forward to making new friends!

L5/S1 microdisectomy, hemilectomy. L4/L5 disc buldges.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, I had a microdiscetomy last year L5/S1 R with a hemilectomy. At first, my leg did feel better, but after about 4 months or so, I felt myself going slowing down-hill again.

Now my left side hurts and my left leg is starting to hurt bad in the back of my thigh, front of leg and foot. My right leg also hurts again, though not as much as the left. I had an MRI several months ago which showed another small disc buldge, much scar tissue and an assymetrical enlargement of the L5/S1 nerve root where I had my previous surgery. It also showed central and left side disc buldges on the L4 level.

My doctor says there is nothing else he can do, even though my leg pain is getting worse. I'm scared because I have never heard of an asymmetric enlarged nerve root!?! :O I am so limited now, if I do anything too out of the ordinary, the pain is much worse. I have to lie down and stetch a lot.

Will my nerve root go down? What is an enlarged nerve root asymetric at a surgery site? Has anybody else ever had this happen to them?

-----------------------------------------------

L5/S1 microdiscetomy, hemilectomy; disc buldges
  • but the fear i feel ya there! when your whole life is ridin on your health enough to make ya crap your pants! what keeps me strong is thinking about how much i love my kids and how lucky i am to have my women! keep reading in here and posting ill bet you my facet joints lol that someone will have some answers for ya!
  • Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am in the process of finding another doctor. Hopefully it can be fixed without anything too invasive. If anyone else has experienced this, please share. I just hope it doesn't mean that the nerve is damaged. All this doctor said was that it is going to take time, but it's already been a year. Oh well... I'm keeping my head up and pressing on. <):)