Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg gave out this Am - Lots of pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
With the stenosis and bulging disks in my lower spine i'm used to rubber leg syndrome and go through it from time to time. I ussually get it when I walk a bit to much. I sit stretch out wait 5-10 minutes and I can walk again. No biggie...

This Am I came down the stairs and as my foot hit the floor my leg gave out and I had a ton of pain shooting through my lower back and right hip. I managed to catch my fall on the rail and did not hit the ground. The leg was useless for around 10 mins and the pain was intense.

This a sign that things in my back are getting worse? Or just sciatic issues? Should I follow up with the ortho? He has already told me he cannot do anything for me because of the advance stage my DDD is in ( Pain management only ).

Bfromaz
advertisement

Comments

• I would call him if i were you, if it dosnt get better go to the er....
  • :) hi! of course if you find yourself in severe pain or unable to function you should see your doctor right away! ~X( even call an ambulance if you need to!! pain is not something to mess around with!! it is a signal that something is wrong!! so pay attention and do what you need to do!! good luck!! Jenny :)
  • This is what happened to me the morning that I finally landed in the hospital and had to have emergency surgery the next morning. I had just started to get out of bed to get ready for work when I put that foot on the floor and "Wham" down I went! I was no longer able to walk, at all. Due to a herniated disk and severe sciatic pain, I had already spent a year dragging my leg behind me like dead weight.

I learned the hard way that I had waited too long. This left me with severe nerve damage on that side and I still have a lot of problems with it 7 years later.

I strongly urge you to seek medical help ASAP, I would hate for someone else to wind up in the shape that I'm in because you waited. If they do want to do surgery, MAKE SURE that you have found the best surgeon that you can find. If that means that you have to travel out of town, then do it! I wish I would have for my 2nd surgery. Again, I learned the hard way.

Just please, take care of yourself and don't let things get out of hand, which they are obviously starting to do. If I can help save just one person from winding up like me then maybe all of this won't be for nothing. Wishing you the very best!
    Jewels
This discussion has been closed.