Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Profiles

araineaaraine Posts: 152
Site Suggestion! :P

I was on chat the other night talking with a few of the peeps and we got into a discussion about our profiles. We have a lot of new people that come to the site and always ask us what's our story or what's wrong with us, and we usually have to go into the this long thing about what's wrong and how it happened, and some of the people that already know I am sure are getting tired of it. So, what I am getting at is, do you think it would be possible, that on our profile page, we can tell our story and what's wrong, ect. So, when you are in chat, someone can click your name, go to your profile, and it will show your picture and your allowed information! :) Just curious! Thanks!

What do the rest of you think? :D
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,721
    Amber, that sort of was the way it COULD have been on the old site IF people put that information in their profiles.
    Right now, most of the 'stories' are being told in the signature line for members, which personally I do always agree with. It gets in the way in reading some posts. But we all need a way to tell everyone where we've been, how were are doing, etc. The profile is the perfect spot for that, but maybe not the signature spot. Most signature lines on forums are limited to 4 or 5 lines max.
    What is needed is a spot to put in all that information and then as you said clicking on the members name will bring it up.
    Two things have to happen:
    1) Profile views have to be expanded to include that type of inforamtion
    2) Members have to write it up.

Let me take the lead on seeing what can be done with this. There are many different approaches that could handle this.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • or if you could search posts made by a member it may link you back to the introduction post. That would work great to get an idea of what someone's been through.
  • This sounds good thanks! I think it's kind of a good idea though that people can put short instances of what's wrong with them, so when they leave a post, someone can see "Yea this person knows what they are talking about" but at least in their profile they can be more detailed or just talk about their hobbies, or what not.