Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

blurry vision, numbness on face, spots on brain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
I am new here and was looking for anyone else that is
experiencing what I am. I recently have been having numb
ness in front of my ear and behind my ear on the right side
with blurry vision. I have spots on my brain, been tested
for MS. spinal tap came back normal. I also have fibromyalgia, DDD, Graves disease, possible RA in hands,
arthritis in neck and spine. I have gotten no where with
the drs and am seeing new neurologist in Oct. but this
blurry vision is driving me crazy. Can anyone relate?
linjane1113
advertisement

Comments

• Hello and welcome! I'm really sorry that you are having these kinds of symptoms. I haven't had the experiences that you are having, but it crossed my mind that it could possibly be related to medication. I would take a list of your medication to the pharmacist and have him tell you if what you are experiencing could be related to your medicines or combination of meds.Please give us an update if/when you find something out.
  • taking? Some times the things that you speak of can be side effects of different meds. I get blurry vision sometimes but it has been side effects from meds. You can look up your meds and there side effects at mayoclinic.com.
  • I am not on any medications at this time.
  • I'M not on any medications.
  • Have you been to an Ear Nose and throat? Also opthamoligist? maybe you are seeing the wrong type of docs for an accurate diagnosis. Your sinuses run behind your eyes and ears and maybe there is a problem there. If the blurry vision is the worst symtom, I would fing a GOOD opthamologist. They may be able to get to the bottom of this.
  • so you have had a mri of the brain. did they say the spots are lesions? i can understand the blurry vision is driving you crazy, good chance you will wake up one morning and it will be gone, how old are you?have you lost vision in an eye at any time even for a minute? is the blurry vision coming from one eye or both
    were are the spots located in the brain or are the spots(or lesions) in the spine?
    hang in there they will figure things out and i bet you are a nervous mess .very curious how old you are?
    take care and write back
  • Hi I am 56 years old. I have the blurry vision only in
    my right eye. This has happened a few times this summer.
    The MRI reports say multiple focal areas of demyelination.
    Explained as multiple focal areas involving the white matter. This is in the brain. Spinal MRI was negative.
    Dr said there is nothing more I can do for you I'll see
    you in Dec for maybe another MRI. In the meantime I still
    have all the symptoms I had when I first saw this neurologist a year ago. Dizziness, extreme tiredness,
    migranes, numbness on head, memory problems, trouble
    concentrating, etc. I have made another appt with a different neurologist in Oct. at a teaching hospital.
    linjane1113
  • Well, reading this, it appears you have more symptoms then I thought, so I think this rules out the pinches nerve thing we discussed yesterday. There is def something going on with your brain my friend. Possibly, I would get a second or third opinion, make sure there is no tumor up there! Let us know what's going on!
  • get yourself a neuro who specializes in m.s.get yourselr knowledgeable with . keep a journal everday and even the smallest thing right it down did you mention extreme fatigue? i do know of a great med that can change your life if that is a issue
    maybe we could pm each other
    and it would be more personal
    im on puter off and on, im 45 years old.take care
    let me no about the fatigue thing
  • linjane- I get blurry vision on and off at night when I try to watch TV usually. It almost seems like oiliness or something like that. I told my mother and she tells me that is what happened to her when she got catarcts. So I will need to see an opthamologist. Maybe ask the dr if you need to see an opthamologist as well...not sure... :?? jade
  • Patsy,

Just wondering if there have been any updates/diagnosis since your posting of your symptoms in 2008?

I have the same symptoms... The white spots (legions) did not change for over two years until this year where I now have two more areas. I am scheduled for a MRA, Lumpar Puncture and EEG. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyaligia, Lupus (beginning stages) and Sjogren's (beginning stages).
  • linjane1113 said:
    Hi I am 56 years old. I have the blurry vision only in
    my right eye. This has happened a few times this summer.
    The MRI reports say multiple focal areas of demyelination.
    Explained as multiple focal areas involving the white matter. This is in the brain. Spinal MRI was negative.
    Dr said there is nothing more I can do for you I'll see
    you in Dec for maybe another MRI. In the meantime I still
    have all the symptoms I had when I first saw this neurologist a year ago. Dizziness, extreme tiredness,
    migranes, numbness on head, memory problems, trouble
    concentrating, etc. I have made another appt with a different neurologist in Oct. at a teaching hospital.
    linjane1113
    Rhondahayes
  • Hi pasty,you sound like my twin.Did you ever get a definite answer on your problem?.I'm having the same and I'm getting the run around by doctors.
    Rhondahayes
  • Blurred and distorted vision comes and goes throughout the day,every day.I also want to fall asleep when I strain to look to the right.I get headaches in front of head and behind eyes near nose ,numbness in my head and face sometimes.I have tension in my head and neck,tightening and pain in jaws when chewing gum or food.hoarse voice,excessive hair growth and oil pockets on chin,depression,fatigue,I'm a mess and getting the run around by doctors,please help.
    Rhondahayes
advertisement