Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hello i need some advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
hello everybody, i just found this website and it looks like the place i need to be right now, by the way im 21 years old...

3 weeks ago i had an L5 S1 spinal fusion and also i had stenosis and the operation went well, i was in the hospital for 4 days and then was released

For the first week at home i had my mom taking car of me helping me roll over in bed an such. after about the first week she had to start going into work again (single mother) so i was left to pretty much help myself most of the time.

well i was doing good and 2 weeks after i went out to a friends because i couldnt stand being inside during 80 degree sunny days all alone, well i ended up sitting in a chair for over the dessired time of 45 minutes, needless to say when i came home i was freaking out and layed down for the next couple days. I didnt have any pain so i thought i got away scotch free

well now its 3 weeks in and i have this terrible pain inside my back to the left of the incision.
whenever im trying to get into our out of bed it just shoots . and not like the shooting sciatic pain i had before but this is like piercing pain in the lower left side of my back, and when its not causing me extreme discomfort i can just feel that area is sore. on the other hand my right side is perfectly fine and has had no problems

im just freaking out now and have been taking it extremely easy but everytime i move around this pain causes me to think the worst

it feels like a combo of nerve/muscle pain, and in my head i just see the left side of the fusion wiggling around in torn shit and i just cringe,

im young and im scared and i dont know what else to do

by the way my doctor only gave my regular vicoden and robaxin :??
advertisement

Comments