Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going to the Hospital

araineaaraine Posts: 152
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
Well, after a post that I did a couple of days ago came about, someone had mentioned to me that I could possibly have Chrones Disease. Now this disease runs in my family, and I don't think that I have it, but there is most surely something going on with my abdomen. I have been getting sicker and sicker of the years, and I have gotten to the point where I always need to know where a bathroom is at all times. I know that after I eat something, my stomach hurts and I have to get it out before I can go anywhere. So, William and I have decided to go to the hospital tonight after I get off work to see what the doctor has to say and how much of a bill that I can ring up. Wish me luck....
advertisement

Comments

• best of luck to you , please keep us posted as to what you find out....take care....Miki
  • Hopefully, it won't be Crohn's, and maybe just an inability for you to tolerate certain ingredients in certain types of foods...? I have my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for you. (i'll uncross them all just long enough to make my commute home from work this afternoon)

Please, let us know how things turn out for you!
  • :) please let us know the results. i am sorry you are not feeling well. the forum members are here for you at any time. all the best! Jenny :)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope all goes well for you.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Hang in there and I pray they get you some relief!

"C"
  • Well, the hospital tries charging you $170 up front if they don't consider it an emergency, so we ended up leaving...I am going to try to go to the health department on Thursday after my NS visit to find out the results of my latest MRIs...
  • my wife was just diagnosed with chrones. she had the scope and they found inflamation in her intestines. they also took a biopsy. she was give one med, sorry can't remember the name and they said if it did not work as well they would start her on a series of cortesone meds. she also suffers from moderate pain for which they gave her vicodin
    good luck, and any questions feel free to pm me and i can ask my wife
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Has anyone mentioned IBS? "Irritable Bowel Syndrome" I know someone who has this and has the exact same symptons as you do. Now what I have never been really sure of is whether this is a true syndrome or if dosctors are using it as a catch all for something they can'y diagnose. There is so much controversy between doctors over this I don't know who to believe. I'm just wondering if this has been brought up? Also, have you tried taking the OTC anti-diarrheal med's prior to leaving the house or eating? The person that I know, this is what the doctor has her do and it does help her quite a bit. Good luck!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.