Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dealing with the pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all, I am so thankful to have found you. I look forward to sharing my experience with others who unfortunately,suffer as I do. I was diagnosed with stenosis at the age of 42 and am now 52, it has been quite a painful journey....I have many concerns about my prognosis with this disease and am hopeful that some of you can give me some encouragement...A few months back I really began feeling the effects in my lower back and down my legs, I have read many articles and have yet to hear anyone talk about night pain or cramping occuring upon sitting or lying down, Have any of you experienced this and can you give me some advice on how to stop it or lessin the pain, I would appreciate any response at all....thanks so much
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. does your doctor have you on any nerve pain medications for your legs? once you adjust to them they can be a big help. you might check out the "Chronic Pain" forum for some more input on your legs. we have a "Sleeping Problems" forum as well. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum. i am 52 myself and have severe sciatica in my leg. Jenny :)
  • I am a little up-set. I just spent a long time writting something to send to you and some how I lost the whole thing. I will write again tomorrow if the post doesn't show up. I hit the backspace button to correct somthing that I wrote and then the whole thing was gone.
    I do have alot of things going on that you mentioned so I will write again tomorrow when I get a chance. Sorry. You most likely didn't need to know this.L.O.L. :H =))
  • I am quite the opposite, at least where lying down goes. That is the one position I have gratefully found some relief. Sitting-up is probably the worst. I guess it all relates to how the nerve is being pinched. I have also found relief from Neurontin, a nerve pain med. Unfortunately, nothing else would touch the nerve pain. I hope you find some relief and welcome to SH.