Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovering from Sugery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I recently had surgery for a herniated disk and stenosis at L3. The procedure was minimally invasive using an endoscope to shear the disk impinging on the nerve and to remove bone spurs that narrowed the spinal canal at L3. The surgery was 4 weeks ago and I am still feeling mild sciatica in both calves and shins as existed prior to the surgery. I am able to walk normally, but am not ready to return to more vigorous activity (basketball, tennis)that I did prior to the back pain. I would appreciate any feedback on how long it can take for the calve and shin pain to completely dissipate.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Steve and welcome to spine-health!!

Im a fusion person so mine was a bit more complicated.
    There may be some around that have had your type of surgery.
    Best bet would to call your surgeon and ask if you should be still having the same pain.
    I would think with any surgery (QUEEN HERE) it takes awhile for the nerves to heal. So it many just be nerve pain. Just a guess but ya never know.
    So go ahead and call them. To put your mind at ease..

GOOD LUCK in your recovery!!!!!! >:D<