Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 words women use

snookiessnookie Posts: 359
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Lighten and Brighten
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says "Thanks a lot" - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say "you're welcome" .... that will bring on a "whatever").

(8) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying ____ YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to # 3.

advertisement

Comments

• You could add the statement..."Which should I wear?" Which is a question that I flatly refuse to answer as no matter which one I choose it will ALWAYS be the wrong one!
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Does this make my butt look to big? I aint touchin that!
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I've seen so many versions of this and oh boy I love it. They are smack bang on the money. I know if I say "dont worry about it" my bf automatically goes into defensive mode.
  • Where does truth go when you'all say does this make my bottom look big? and a feller answers his beloved, and gets the almighty stinkeye for mearly saying what she doesnt want to hear, but insists absolutly in every other aspect of the relationship?wheres my twix when i need it?
  • "I'm gonna whoop" generally followed by "ur azz".
    "You thought we were going to what?" followed by bouts of laughter
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    Back on the old forum, Jeauxbert, created a forum post about 10 things behind the meaning of what women say to their significant others.
    I have to go find that one and repost it. It was something really very, but true to read.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • So, with my fiance, it is a does this make my butt look good, if it is a yes, or a certain look, it does, which is a Good thing. Unless of course he says your not going out in that, in which I ask him why he doesn't want me to look good when I'm going out with him?? Doesn't it make him look even better when I look good? And what's with him not wanting me to be thin?? He fell in love with me when I was thinner, so why does he keep fattening me up and wanting me to stay that way?? That kinda goes along with my previous statment of making him look better, plus him telling me that I'm fine the way I am, in fact I could put on some more weight so my butt would get bigger. Doesn't he realize when my butt gets bigger, my stomach has to get bigger too??

**and to make it clear, he isn't fattening me up really, just haven't been able to exercise at all in the last few months **
  • I just got a nice dose of fine, nothing, ok, whatever. They're all nuts... We just can't help ourselves. We keep on going back for more... They're crazy and we're stupid. Go figure...
  • what did you do to get all of that.....are you being a naughty boy???? Hmmmmm????? :jawdrop: ;))
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    This was the topic I mentioned earlier that Jeaxu made in the old forum. Same words. But this was the first post that I read from Jeaux. From that point on, I knew understand the meaning of "Louisiana Lighting" and it wasnt Ron Guidry - Jeaux - You're TOPS

----------------------------------------------------

Jeaux, that was great. I loved it applause

Now for a man's interpretation of those same words :

9 Words from the Women and how Men Figure what it means

Woman:(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
    Man:(1) Fine: You just lost, dont bother to continue the argument
    -----------------

Woman:(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
    Man:(2) Five Minutes: same meaning
    -----------------

Woman:(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
    Man:(3) Nothing: Oh uh, we have to start thinking about things we did, things we didnt do, things we were suppose to do.. We could be in trouble
    -----------------

Woman:(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
    Man:(4) Go Ahead: Never , Never do what you were told to Go ahead and do!
    -----------------

Woman:(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
    Man:(5) Loud Sigh: Could have multiple means.. We just did something stupid OR She is just waiting for to do what you said you were going to do
    -------------------

Woman:(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
    Man:(6) That's Okay: Something is wrong here. You mean I can go out ? You
    mean I can buy that tool? We have to be real careful with this one
    --------------------

Woman:(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says "Thanks a lot" - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say "you're welcome" .... that will bring on a "whatever").
    Man:(7) Thanks: Cherish the moment and try to recall what you did to get the praise.
    ----------------------

Woman:(Cool Whatever: Is a women's way of saying ____ YOU!
    Man:(8) Whatever: One of the most dangerous words. Dont come up with excuses at this point, you are pretty much nailed for what you did or what you plan to do
    ----------------------

Woman:(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking "What's wrong?" For the woman's response refer to # 3.
    Man:(9) Dont Worry about it: Yep, Like #6 Tread careful
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Yes, Flowers, candy, cash, gifts are required usdually to calm the storm or stop the silent treatment. :W

When a woamn is quiet for extended period of times does not mean she is thinking nothing. :? She is thinking about a whole lot of things and just not saying them. Don't ask her what she is thinking about during the silent treatment or she may just tell you.. image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> L) @#$%&& & L) @#$*)&&((&^ and so on........ :D jade
advertisement