Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet Rhizotomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Spinal Injections
Hello everyone!

I found this site last week, I am so happy to have found it. I have pars syndrome, L4,L5,S1 spondy with fractures and "black discs", in pain since Nov. I had my 5th epiudal/pars injection today. They work Great for me but don't last longer then 6 weeks. After 2 MRI's, 1 CT, Flex/Ext x-rays, PT reg/aqua, chiro, acupunture and message the Ortho surgeon wants to do a fusion. the Pain Management doc wants to do a "Facet Rhizotomy". I have looked and it and I am very exicited this could help and put off a fusion.

Anyone out there that has had this done could you please give me your story and thoughts how it worked for you.

Thank you in advance! :)

advertisement

Comments

• It did work for me,but it took awhile for the nerves to dies about 4 weeks,it was painfull after,but i am fine now.i have had no nerve pain,but i still have muscle pain and spasms...
  • I had one at C2-C3 and it lasted 3 months. The procedure wasn't a big deal. I had it done without any drugs or anesthesia.

"C"
  • Try this before surgery. It gives me about 1 year of relief at a time. Since the injections have been working so well for you it is a good possibilty that the rhizotomy will also work well and last much longer. I never get immediate relief because it does take some time for the nerves to die but once they do it is great. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    BTW - I would not say that it wasn't any big deal as I had versed and fentanyl just not enough to put me under so that I could tell doc when he hit the nerve that was causing pain. But as soon as he knew he had the right one he numbed it and then burned it. So it was only a few seconds of pain and well worth it for the relief that I got.
  • Thank you for all your comments! It has helped so much. I booked the date, Oct 3rd and I am excited that another choice is out there that is not nuts, bolts and bone!

Thanks everyone! :O)
advertisement