Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

droop

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Chronic Pain
can anyone tell me if they have droopy eye due 2 nerve damage, i feel im the only one, the surgeon says its due 2 all the damage 2 the verabre /:)
advertisement

Comments

• With 78 reads and no replys,Oh dear it looks like i am the only one that has this problem.

Angie x
  • That's a tough one. I have neurologists constantly making me pull out my ID so they can look and see if my eye droop was there before my c-spine surgery or not. Now how far back it started, who knows, but it's there.

Sorry no one answered your post.

"C"
  • I had bells-palsy about 17 years ago, that dropped my right eye and corner of my mouth, but.... good news.. i had to go to one of those weekend clinics and if i remember right he gave me cortisone shot, went to my family doc after and im not sure(memory is shot today)he put me on a med and it went away for good, i was lucky could of had to live with it... my right eye still gives me a little tizzy once in a while but nothing i cant live without. i have no droppy eye now.. well i dont think so. i dont see as well as i did when i was 30, cant seem to get my prescription on my eyes to be right got new glasses i year ago but i think my eyesight changes everyday, I know its not funny, but Angie on a serious note maybe you can ask doc about bells palsy, or another idea have you had any epidurals lately, or a cortisone shot? does your cheek feel different? do you get twitching in the eye? please let me know bless you!
  • is your spine problems in your neck thoracic or lower?
    love patsy
  • Hiya Patsy,

This is definatly due to my back problems, they said the nerves are damaged and not connecting properly. I just wondered if anyone had the same problem .

Angie x
  • I've had a few scary episodes where the left side of my face, from the eye down to the mouth and jaw, have drooped down pretty badly. I have no idea what has caused this. It will clear up after a few hours. This seems to happen out of the blue! I do have severe problems with my neck, but I can't really describe what exactly they are. It was so many years ago that it had been diagnosed and of course, back then it never occured to me to get the medical records about it. I've had to sleep sitting up in a chair for the last 7 years with no support for my neck, it just falls whatever direction. My husband says it looks miserable, he obviously can see what I don't when I'm asleep. So after all of these years there's no telling how bad my neck is now! It always hurts, crunches badly, and I can't rotate my head without my neck getting stuck. Does any of this sound familiar?
  • Hiya,

If anyone thinks they do have this problem , you can do the sniff test, if so, privately message me and i will explain what you have to do !

Angie x
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.