Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so frustrated!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:W :''( OK it has beed a few years since my cervical fusion C5-6-7....I now have a herniation at T1. I woke up this morning in so much pain, all I could do was to cry. I really don't think any of my surgeries helped me....I am so frustrated!! I will be 42 in a few weeks and today I feel like I'm 80!!! I can't do the things I used to do....run & play with my daughter....I get so mad!! I want to scream at the girl that hit me! She has no clue what's she's done to my life!!!
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry that you are hurting so and having a rough time of it. Please let your doc know what is going on as soon as you can. Let us be here for you while you are going through this tough time , let our strength be your strength. Please keep us updated as to how you are doing and if there is anything at all that I can help you with then please just let me know. Take care....Miki
  • Lisa

******I get so mad!! I want to scream at the girl that hit me! She has no clue what's she's done to my life!!!

I can so relate I was rear ended in may ,am scheduled for ACDF surgery on sept 16th. My son who was with me is looking at the possibility of shoulder surgery .Poor kid it happened 2 weeks before he graduated, He's had to delay his college plans ,can't work.,she has destroyed both our lives .Like you I wish I could grab her by the neck ,and let her know how her irresponsible driving has done to us.
    So sorry you are feeling the same kind of pain and anger I am ,been crying for days from the pain I felt something pop in my neck 2 weeks ago and the pain has shot thru the roof.
    Like you right now I'm and physical and emotional wreck.I'm working with my wonderful hippie headshrinker. And have been doing guided imagery to help relax ,it truly does help to calm me .I'd be happy to talk about it with you if you'de like.
    As far as the pain just hhad a major issue with my Dr., and no way to fix it till the 9th when hes back in town,I'm afraid before that I will have to go to the ER to get it back under control..

Wishing you the best I am here if you need support ,I'm new to all this but will do the best I can.
    Misfit
  • It seems that I had all of these surgeries to get rid of the pain.....and here I am years later....still in pain. Is this just how life is going to be??? When I got the SCS a few months ago I thought it'd help allot....I'm still in pain...I just have to pee more!!! Seems that my SCS stimulates my bladder....anyone else? OK I'm done venting for now....thanks for the support!!!
  • Hi Lisa,

I was in a car accident on July 10, 2007. I recieved a neck injury as a result and will be having the second neck surgery since the accident. Tomorrow's surgery will be ACDF of C 4-6.

I can soooo realte to your frustration and resentment!
    When this car accident happened I was just getting done with a 3 1/2 year workers comp injury to my left arm. This injury resulted in having 4 surgeries to the wrist and elbow. Thankd God I am right handed.
    When the accident occured I had already gotten off all medication and was no longer under the care of any docs. I was just waiting for the work comp rating and settlement.

I had been walking 14-20 miles a week and hiking on the weekends. I was soooo excited to be planning to go back to work after so long. I was also in college preparing for nursing school.

I was pretty devastated when this MVA slapped me right back into the cycle of doctors appointments, Pain and Pain meds, procedures and yes more surgery.

It is very difficult to deal with this stuff on a daily basis. Sometimes I am resentful too at the woman who pulled out in front of me while I was going 50 mph. I did not see her as my iew was blocked from the side street she pulled out of. I have lived in this city for almost 13 years and would NEVER make the left turn she had because I know just how potentially dangerous it can be.

I try everyday to surrender the ill feelings about what has happened. It is dificult...very difficult. I look at it like this...I can spend my time being hurt, angry, and upset about the carlessness of her decision to turn left on that day, or I can surrender the thoughts and try to focus on what is going on at the moment.

Lisa this is very hard! Some days I do well and it is not on my mind. Other days I am still in a state of SHOCK that my life is no FOREVER CHANGED! I think for those of us in this situation there is a level of acceptance that has to come with our life as it is. Yes...the "A" word! SOme days I am doing well and some days NOT!!lol

It is an everyday process. It has been my experience that the more I focus on the negatives the worse I feel mentally emotionally and spiritually.

Like you there are so many things I used to do and now can not...or if I do go ahead and do them I pay the price dearly.

Lisa I think this is all I can say at the moment, but please feel free to PM me at anytime for further support. Lord knows I can always use some myself.

Tomorrow I will be having surgery as long as the finances that were arranged by the attorney's office arein place. Please pray this will be the case because if not I will find myself in that shocked and slapped silly place again. You know the .."How could this be happening place" The "Why" place.
    Anyhow that is a long stiry in itself. So hang in there >:D< and we will talk soon!
    Chrissy
advertisement