Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just joined the forum

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everybody. :H

I found this site in my research on my cervical problems and am seeing that it is a great source of information and support among those of us that have this problem.

About six months ago, I was diagnosed, via x-ray, with C5-7 spondylosis and all three are herniated as well (I have not yet had an MRI). At first, I was only having back spasms, and controlled that with muscle relaxants, physical therapy and eventually exercises and traction at home. However, I've been having tingling in my right arm daily and have days when it's very difficult to move my head left, right, or down. My exercises and traction are not helping consistantly like before. I know it's time for an MRI and begin planning for surgery, so I thought I'd join this forum to help get up the gumption to move forward. It's a very scary thing.

Thanks for listening.

advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health
  • Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is lots of information on this site, the New Member section is full of useful points. There is a great chat room too, where you can get plenty of support, but we try to have a laugh too, as they say laughter is the best medicine.

Look forward to hearing more from you

All the best
    Danni
  • Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll be going in tomorrow for an MRI and will know more about what's going on.

I've already learned a lot from the site and realize this is a very common issue. There are a lot of people whose attitude is unbelievably cheerful for the major problems and pain they are in. Makes this newbie feel like I have nothing to complain about!
  • I am so sorry to hear of your pain. Have you exhausted all conservative measures? Surgery unfortunately is not always a guaranteed fix although sometimes the only option left. Good luck to you and we are always here to support you.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to the right place for friendship and there are a few laughs around as well. =)) please make yourself at home here and keep us informed of your progress. good luck! Jenny :)
  • :) hi! i forgot ot ask you! what does the 111 stand for? i am interested! Jenny :)
  • Jenny, it stands for 1 wife, 1 husband, and 1 dog. That's my wonderful family! :X

Painintheback, thank you. For the last four months, I've been doing exercises my PT taught me, have taken muscle relaxants, and have been doing home traction. I have not tried chiropactic nor acupuncture. I think the MRI will tell me more about what's going on.

I'll keep ya posted!
advertisement