Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery tomorrow! All finances in place! Nervous and anxious!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:22 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey everyone!

Good news.
The attorney called first thing this morning and let me know the money transfer from the insurace company went through and they were printing the checks.

Because I needed to go to the surgery center this morning I actually hadn delivered the check for the estamated payment of surgery IN FULL! SO my mind is so at eas in that respect.
In a little while I will go to be fitted with my aspen collar and at that time I will again get to HAND DELIVER the surgeons requested estamated portion.

Considering all that happened last week with this financial stuff and everyone wanting their payments in FULL or no surgery .... I am pretty amazed my attorney managed to get the Car insurance company to over night the finding to pay for EVERYTHING!

My mind is at ease no knowing I hand carried all the payments.

My mind is not at ease with the nervousness and the anxious part! I can't get into all that at the moment because I need to leave for the surgeons office. I will check back in a few hours or so and tell you more.

Thanks to all who have been supporting me through this money payment frenzy. I appreciate you all for letting me vent and process everything. It was nice to have people here who truly care and are kind an compassionate! Thank You!!

Chrissy
advertisement

Comments

• Chrissy,

Just curious why they did the forsminotomy if you will still need an ACSF? I am 2 weeks post 3 level posterior foraminotomy, and I'm hoping that will resolve my issues. I had an ACDF 15 years ago, but now my entire neck is pretty well shot (the NS said he really wished he could replace my neck).

FYI, the pain from the surgery for a posterior approach is substantially greater than the anterior approach. The ACDF is a piece of cake if you need one, so don't fret it.
  • Chrissy,
    I agree it is amazing that the car insurance company paid up, and overnight! Wow! I know you must be nervous, I would be too. Well anyone would be a dunce not to be. But you will make it through. You really will! Just think how wonderful it will be to get rid of all that pain! Just think of the serenity prayer - you are changing the things you can.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. What time is your surgery?

{{BIG HUGSS}} to you. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you later when you're able to get back online.

Take care and take it EASY. One day at a time.

Teri
  • Be strong and think positive.

"its a long walk" but you'll get there!
  • Best of luck to you. I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow!

Michelle
  • Chrissy,

Glad to hear the good news! Now that that hurdle is over, try to breathe and take everything else in slowly. You'll finally be able to get rid of the pain!!:) My prayers are with you!
  • Hello eveyone!

Well I went to get fitted with my Aspen collar and got to talk about all my concerns with one of the PA's.

Everything for surgery and while I am in the hospital is all good and taken care of.

The only main concern I have is the fact that they will send me home with pain meds that are not as strong as what I am on now. The PA told me that if the post-op meds they [rescribe afterward do not work out then they will refer me bcak to the PM. I am concerned of WD's and that the apin will get out of control.

She said there was not much to do about it other than see what happens. SHe did say she will be giving the PM a heads up that I may be referred back right away post-op. So I guess I just have no choice. One thing that is good to know is I do have some emergency stock of the Morhine Sulfat I am on now. The PM doc knows I have a few days worth of this medication so he can insrtuct me what to do by phone until I get to his office.

Meantime everything else is in place. My Mom will be here in an hour and she requested to make dinner tonight. We will be going to have pedicures on our feet before dinner. I did make sure it was ok to have toe nail polish on in the OR and that was fine. Then tonight we will watch a movie and go to bed.

I am nervous and Scared! More than any other surgery I have had. I am not really sure why I feel that way. I am pretty sure the anxiousness comes from the fact that I know more elevated PAIN is coming and also that I know how much my body dislikes anesthesia. SO I am just trying to take it easy at the moment. In fact I am going to go lay down untill my mom gets here.
    I will have a chance to check in tomorrow before suregey.

Thanks for all your supposrt.
    Chrissy
    PS
    Surgery is at 2pm west coast time
  • They downgraded my meds too after surgery and frankly, I have no problems with it and even started taking them at lower increments than prescribed. My pain felt much better after surgery and can only hope yours will too! Don't let the meds issue worry you...you may find yourself worrying over nothing! Best wishes!
  • Hey Chrissy darlin sure start another thread just for your surgery :D :))( :))( :))( :P

SO GLAD everything worked out w/ the checks etc. That should be a huge load off ur shoulders!!!!

You will do just fine. They will make sure your comfy w/ the oral meds they plan on giving u before they send u home.

Anterior is much easier for most. That is all my ortho will do on most patients so you are more comfortable laying in bed.

You just rest up. Enjoy your moms time there and pretty nails!! That is what I love about these days you can leave the toes painted!! Hey I even go in with makeup on LOL :P

Lots of love and HUGS to you my dear.
    Everything will be fine!!!!
    If not then well you can slap me when you get home :$ :O :))(
  • good luck on your surgery. i'm sorry i have not said earlier but we had a death in the family. my mother in law passed away, we had to go out of state. very upsetting along with other issues. but i am here for you chrissy. i know you will be fine, your mother will be there for you, and that means alot. i lost my mother 8 yrs. ago, and now my mother in law. you are very fortunate to have your mom there for you. we will be there for you when you are feeling better. always onE aRmed LeO
  • Good Luck! I hope everything goes well for you! Check back in when you can and let us know how you are doing!
advertisement