Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Follow on From Old Forum

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
Well............ I know its been a long long time since my original post but I thought it would be rude not to let you know how im doing!

My original post in the old forum entitled 'pregnant and potentially disabled'

Wey hey on 16th May 2008 Gage was born weighing in at 6lb 11oz!

During the later stages of pregnancy my back wasnt too bad.
But when in labour the hospital tried to give me an epidural and missed the spot due to my spine condition!
What followed was a leak of fluid from my brain and a spinal tap!
2 days later I ended up having a blood patch where they take blood from my hand and injecting it into my spine to close where the hole was. Very clever!

Me and Gage are absolutley fantasically well now, and am enjoying motherhood immensly.

I am finding it difficult to bath him because my back hurts too much but in November I am due back at the pain clinic to discuss facet blockers.

Besides when Gage gives me his smile all my pain seems to dissapear!

Many thanks for all your posts and support in the previous forum

Best wishes to you all!!!

Jean & Gage
xxxxxx
advertisement

Comments

advertisement